Ohio-Columbus
Options

North Bank Park

I've seen a few posts about that here but they're a few pages back and not sure if anyone would see them.

Can anyone give me tips on the place?  I know there's a lottery type thing and it gets booked fast.  I'm not really pressured on the date so thats one positive thing.  How much do you have to have down to reserve it?  How hard was it to get the alcohol permit?

Any advice would be great =)

Re: North Bank Park

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello Krazeeychic:

I am getting married at NBP in May!  I found the process fairley easy.  I did not have to do a lottery, as no one else had interest in my date when I called Parks & Recreation...I just secured it over the phone.  I believe they do still do a lottery. What they do is see how many folks show up at P& R office 1 year prior to the date...if there rae multiple people they do a lottery.  If only one person shows they get the date.  I assume that when I called about my date, no one had showed so i was able to reserve it over the phone.  You may want to give them a buzz to verify.

Regarding deposit, they require full payment at time of reservation.  What i did was just reserved the minimum at the time of booking (and paid the $225 per hour fee then)...then added some hours later on (and paid for them at that time).  It helped break out the payment.

The alcohol piece is very easy.  You just need to have someone on site to serve that comes from their list of approved vendors (pretty good list)...then go to P&R and pay $150 fee and you are good to go.  You can either bring alchohol in yourself, or have your vendor bring it.

Let me know if you have any more questions!  Happy planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
    I plan on doing Hollywood style inside since we can't trust Ohio weather and I don't want to chance it. So I won't have to worry about outside set up, but have you figured out your caterer yet? I found Berwick Manor which seem decent enough but just looking for ideas =)

So excited! I dropped the guest list in half to save money and this place is so pretty.  Lots of fun pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NBP is gorgeous! don't forget to budget for valet parking though. there is like no parking there at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read they give you 20 passes for the meters? Which would cover most my parking.

But I did think of that!  Thanks for reminding me to add it though lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The parking situation isn't that bad.  P&R does block off the meters along the front of NBP and provide passes for your guests to park there (20 spots).  In addition, we worked with the owners of the paved parking lot across the street from NBP and reserved another 25 spots (4 bucks each) for our guests. So even though downtown, you are able to have great parking solutions for your guests.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards