Maryland-Baltimore

Eloping

2»

Re: Eloping

• edited December 2011
    I heart Dani!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    le sigh. Just catching up, but I do love a bit of drama around here.  We all know what I'd have to say and who I'd agree with on this one, so I won't bother spelling it all out. ::hugs to my ladies:: ;)
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • edited December 2011
    Notice she isn't even posting anymore.  Shout out to all the P&E girls who made their appearance on the Baltimore Board.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the way........ tmm140....not posting because I have a job...my job isn't to sit here and post a reply to everyone that thinks that they have an opinion. I'm not sure I'd want to be proud that a bunch of girls on the internet caused someone to quit posting by their rudeness...not something I'd be proud of. Also, as ajerome21 said...never said I wasn't telling.  Just that it would be my fiancee and I.  Again...you know what it means when you assume... I think all you P & E girls have shown that.I don't need to justify my plans, situation or otherwise to any of you.  However, you post on a board that is supposed to answer questions...I didn't realize that when I ask a question I'm not supposed to expect an answer.  U do, however, understand that I may get an opinion I don't like but I don't think most of you have realized that I don't care what our opinions are.FYI, I may still ELOPE to Baltimore, but just know that I hope everyone else that I meet has a much better attitude and is much more helpful than most of you.To all of you with legitimate suggestions...thank you!  I appreciate them all.  Good luck and I wish you all wonderful weddings!
  • edited December 2011
    wow............attitude much?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My only suggestion for a Baltimore elopement: THE COURTHOUSE.As someone else said, the more elaborate your secret wedding is, the more hurt people are going to be.  If you need to elope for a variety of legitimate reasons, I see only two options that aren't tacky:1) Have a JOP wedding then a reception in March.2) Have a fancy elopement at one of the lovely venues these ladies have suggested and let that be it.I do not believe that every girl deserves a pretty princess day.  I believe everyone is entitled to a lovely wedding.  Your wedding is when you take your vows.  You are opting for that to be an elopement and you don't have to justify your reasons for that.Most people who know anything about etiquette would be highly insulted to be invited to a gift-grab reception months after you two had your fancy elopement.  The reason?  A reception is not a party to spotlight you.  A reception is to thank your guests for witnessing and blessing your marriage.  Ergo, JOP + reception = We had to do it this way but we still want to thank you for your blessings.  Fancy elopement + reception = We're going to do what we want, eff you but bring us gifts.
  • edited December 2011
    Hollie... i simply googled elope + baltimore... http://www.excellent-romantic-vacations.com/romantic-baltimore-getaway.htmlhttp://www.gramercymansion.com/elopement.htmhttp://www.chasecourt.com/2Elopement-Packages.html(this one looks beautiful)You said that Baltimore was special to you...think about what is special toyou about it and go from there...My FH suggested the following (thinking it would be the 2 of you and a JOP and you could just be at these places without having to rent them):The Science Center (in the Planitarium is amazing!)The AquariumUSS ConstellationWorld Trade Center (great view)Baltimore Museum of Industry (where we are getting married)The Visionary Arts MuseumFort McHenryThere are numerous city parks, Riverside Park has a carouselThere are also tons of great restaurants that would probably love to make your moment specialBest of luck...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards