Maryland-Baltimore

Caterer?

Hi Girls!I have pretty specific menu ideas in mind for our reception.  The location that I'm pretty sure we are booking for our wedding is BYOC (bring your own caterer, don't know if this is something I created or not, so thought I'd spell it out JIC).  Anyway, I'm looking to have a buffet of 3 different stations with 3 different types of food for our dinner selections.A Baja Taco Station, A StirFry Station, A Pasta Station...all 3 of our favorite types of food.We will be having hor'dorves (sp) and salads, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a caterer (decently priced) who could accomodate such a request.Please help!!!!

Re: Caterer?

• edited December 2011
    Where is your venue? I don't think you'll have a problem finding this, most caterers that I've looked at offer stations menus of this sort.
  • edited December 2011
    More than likely we are going to go with The Baltimore Museum of Industry!
  • keer38keer38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!  Another BMI bride :)  I'm getting married there on 6-5-10.  Anyway, Atlantic Caterers is a favorite of this board, and we actually saw a stationed wedding set up by them at BMI one day.  It looked really nice.  (we're using a different caterer b/c of family connections)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree w pp. If Atlantic works at your venue they are a good place to start, they have all kinds of stations. I would imagine BMI should be able to give you a list of caterers that frequently work there.
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely recommend Atlantic!!! We did a seated dinner for ours, but they are fantastic!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • holly&robertholly&robert member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with atlantic.  They are actually my caterer and are easy to work with.  I  did a tasting (with tons of other people) and the food was decent.  Some things obviously taste better than others.  They have tons of options and are priced reasonably.  I would definately check them out.
  • edited December 2011
    keer38, have you been happy working with BMI?  I've heard really good things, but I haven't heard a lot of things.  I think a lot of people don't even know about this place.  I didn't know about it until I looked at theknot one day out of boredom and found it. we are still debating on whether we want a church wedding, so that is part of the reason we haven't set our date yet.  well, we had a date set and then when our wedding went from being a destination wedding to a back at home wedding, everything has started from scratch! i've started emailing all the preferred caterers to see what they have to say...Atlantic is actually next on my list.  i think we'll be able to nail something in stone, once we know that we are happy with at least one of their caterer prefrences.  is the caterer you are using from their preferred vendors list, or do they let you go off of their list with approval?
  • ruffian99ruffian99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey drcam, I am also getting married at the BMI. They have been easy to work with but don't seem to do much. The caterer is definitely the one who runs the show, so make sure you get one you feel comfortable with. We're using Chef's Expressions. We also liked Sascha's a lot and Zeffert and Gold. They both offered stations. (We didn't meet with Atlantic). You can go off the list but there are additional charges and restrictions. Oh, and we're having our ceremony at the Old Otterbein UM Church by the Convention Center. It's a beautiful old church and easy to work with even if you are not a member. If you want to talk about any of this more you can email me at ruffian 99 at gmail dot com.
  • keer38keer38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Donna, I have been happy with BMI, but like ruffian said, you don't do much with them.  Jessica Williams (event director at BMI) has always been quick to respond to any questions that I have.  I have also gone to the BMI 3 times now, I think, to see how different caterers have set up receptions there.  You can always email to ask if they have a wedding coming up that you can see (you can ask for a wedding with a specific caterer, or # of people-- we always asked for larger weddings b/c ours is large).They are letting us go off the list for our caterer, but the caterer was on the approved list last year so they are waiving the fee for us.Our ceremony is at BMI.  Depending on the weather, we will either be married out on the point, or under the pavilion.  If you have questions, feel free to email me at keer38 at gmail dot com.Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards