Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Blast from the past - vendor recs

Hi everyone!  I haven't been on the boards in 6 months or so due to work being crazy, etc.  But I wanted to come back on and give my vendor recs.  I want to thank everyone for all their help when I was on here regularly...it helped me a lot.  Todd and I had a fantastic day!  The weather turned out to be beautiful.  We have some pictures on Jen Lowe's blog and there is a slideshow on there also.  We love the slideshow - she used our wedding song.  Can't wait to get the rest of the pictures.  http://www.jlowephotos.com/blog/slideshows/Ortel/OK, so here are the reviews:  Elkridge Furnace Inn - A++ We had our ceremony and reception at the Inn and couldn't have been happier.  Becky Kernan was our coordinator and she rocks!!  She was the best and we didn't have a care in the world the day of.  They also catered the reception and the food was great.  We are still getting compliments.    Perkins Productions – A+ Perkins provided the lanterns in the tent.  They were recommended by the Inn and they were great to work with.    Jen Lowe (Photographer) – A+++++  I can’t say enough good things about Jen.  She was fantastic to work with and we are so glad she was part of our day.  We are really pleased with the pictures we have seen so far online and can’t wait to get the rest of them.    Father Robert Deifel – A+ Father Rob was great to work with and gave us a bunch of suggestions for how we could set up our ceremony.  He did a great job and the ceremony went with out a hitch.    MyDeeJay.com (Jeff Brown) – A++  Jeff was an awesome DJ.  We had contacted him several times about music we wanted for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and he was very responsive and also had great recommendations for ceremony music for us.  We sent him a list of music we wanted played and not played and he did a great job.  One of my cousins asked for a group dance song and he checked with us first before playing.  He also did a great job filling in music to keep the dance party going!    Up Do’s for I Do’s – A+  We had Belen do hair and Cara do makeup.  They both did such a great job!  I couldn’t be happier.  They showed up on time at the hotel and actually had us all ready 45 minutes ahead of schedule.    Crumbs Galore – A++ Crumbs Galore is actually a bakery in Rosedale by Todd’s parents house that they go to all the time.  They did a great job on the cake and a small birthday cake I needed for a family friend at the wedding.  And they were Very reasonably priced!   Diana Adams – B  Diana did a great job on my dress.  It fit like a glove and I was very happy with how it worked out.  But I had trouble contacting her to reschedule an appointment and had to email her 4 or 5 times.  And I showed up for one appointment and she forgot we had one.  She is really sweet just a bit scattered maybe?  But regardless my dress looked great!   Shelly Bagdasian Floral Design – A++++  Shelly did such a great job on the flowers.  They were so beautiful!  I couldn’t have asked for more.  She was great when I first met with her to go over some of my ideas.  She was very helpful and everything turned out perfect!!!   Zbest Limousines – C  Zbest is really my only complaint about the wedding day.  I received a call at 4:10pm stating that the driver would be about 10 minutes late.  They were supposed to pick up me and my girls at 4:30pm at the hotel to take us to the Inn.  So, that means they should have been there at 4:40.  No big deal.   At 4:45 I called and they said they would be there any minute so at 4:55 I asked the hotel if they could shuttle us over.  The manager at the hotel jumped in the shuttle and was like “let’s go! “  They were my savior.  The limo got there a little after 5 and brought the guys over but it definitely cut into our photo time at the Inn before the ceremony.    Sheraton BWI on Old Elkridge Landing Road – A – The Sheraton was a beautiful hotel and Tania from the sales dept was great to work with.  I also loved that the manager took charge and shuttled us over to the Inn when the limo was missing.  We all went back and partied in the lobby bar after the wedding and had a blast.  The only compliant was that they had a bartender who couldn't handle the crowd.  There were 2 other weddings staying in the hotel that night so they were busy.  But other than that, it was great!   Not sure if I’m forgetting anything.  We had an awesome day!    Good luck to everyone!! - Stacy

Re: Blast from the past - vendor recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    beautiful pics. loved the tulips!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews - they really help!  PS - I'm also a Jen Lowe bride!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    505baltgirl505baltgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks JVeaux!  They are my favorite.  Alexandramesso - you will love her!  She is so great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loved your video! You were a beautiful bride :-) Thanks for sharing...I know which limo service we will NOT be using...I've read, what, 3-4 poor reviews on them just this afternoon...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards