Maryland-Baltimore

Question about a venue

I'm not really here on the board too much since my wedding isn't until October 2011, but I've recently checked out Martin's WestI know its a chain, but it seemed really nice there..affordable and they include a lot of things on their package.Have any of you guys heard anything about Martins? Good? Bad? Thanks!

Re: Question about a venue

• edited December 2011
    I have not heard too much. My stepbrother did have his wedding there. I don't remember much either way good or bad (It was a while ago and I didn't pay attention) but the only thing I remember him complaining about was how  many receptions they had going on at once (the various rooms) and sometimes could hear noise.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding three in May, and it's got it's good and bad points.  One of the bad is like a previous poster said, you will have other parties going on at the same time as yours in the next room, and the walls were pretty thing.   I think the people next to our wedding was a high school prom, and it was really distracting all night. One of the big plusses though is that with their venue you also have a built in caterer and baker, and they also have rooms for the bride and groom to each get ready, and they are pretty nice rooms from what I understand.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a ton of weddings at Martins (both East and West)... (seems to be a favorite of my family).  I have never been to a bad wedding at Martins.   Their best qualities are their food and organization.  Martins runs like a well oiled machine, they know how to do weddings, and they get them right, and I have never heard any complaints about the coordinators there being rude or anything. Also, in my opinion the food and the cakes that they do have always been very good. My biggest complaint with the food is they tend to cook their beef very rare. The cakes always look beautiful and taste good. The thing I least like about Martins is the DJ's they include in their packages...they're a large company, with a lot of djs and since I've been to many weddings there we've had both good and bad, but the bad ones were a doozy.Also, they tend to recommend The Pros in their packages for photos and videos, stay far away from this company!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to several weddings there, and had a great time.  I can't say from the stand point of the bride, but as a guest, I don't remember there being any problems.  The rooms are large, and things seemed to move smoothly.  It looked like your typical, ballroom reception hall. 
    Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input! Thats helps a lot! If I decide to do with them I will definetly avoid The Pros!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the one in Westminster. I haven't attended a wedding there, but went on a recommendation from FI's sister, who had her reception there. So far they have been fabulous. They do everything, from cake to music, and I leave every meeting with them feeling really good about my decision. What sold me is everything you get for the price, and their attention to detail and making sure I have everything exactly the way I want it. Good luck with your choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards