Ohio-Columbus

"Brazilian" help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!  I want to get a Brazilian wax for my wedding/honeymoon, but have never even had a bikini wax before! Any suggestions on where is the best (and least painful) place to go?  And any ideas on prices?  (It seems pretty pricey at a lot of places, but I also don't want to go somewhere cheap and it be a bad job!)

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!!!

Re: "Brazilian" help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited December 2011

Its gonna hurt anywhere you go.  OUCH.  But I would try Charles Penzone.  If I remember right Its about $80 or so but I had it done a while ago once.  you can get on there website and look under services... theyll have the price listed.

Good Luck 

• edited December 2011
    I will be honest with you, it does hurt a bit, but its nothing most people can't handle. I got mine done done at Kenneth's at Mill Run. I can't remember the name of the lady, but she did a good job. It was well worth it, esp for the HM. I can't remember how much it was, but I know they have all their prices listed on their website as well.
  • jenivive2jenivive2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I live in Cinci and I've been to a lady who is great down here but that doesn't help you much :(

Just a heads up, it doesn't hurt as much as you think it would.  But for me, with sensitive skin, I had some issues with being red for a few days afterwards and it was a bit tender...so you might want to get it done a week or so before.
    Siggy Challenge: Sept 2010 Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I second Penzone.  I haven't been in a long time, but when I used to go they always did a good job.  And yes, it will hurt.  Just remember to relax and take a really deep breath before they rip!  The more tense and nervous you are, the more it'll hurt.  I also agree to get it done a few days before the wedding.  Your girl parts will be a little tingly and sensitive (not in a good way) afterwards.  It also helps to take a couple of Advil or ibuprofen 2 hours before to help with pain and any type of inflammation. 

Oh the things we do for our men Laughing
  • skuhmanskuhman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one for a trip with future hubby at Nutur, an Aveda salon in the Lane Avenue Shopping Center(Upper Arlington). It was painful but SO worth it to not worry about that area during the trip. I forget how much it was but I am cheap and my only memory was that it was money well spent.

tip: sorry to get so personal (but I guess it comes with the territory of brazilians) don't get it near your period. I did and they said that adds to the pain.
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    why don't you get a test wax a few months out to see how you like it and see how you react? that way you can figure out your pain tolerance as well as how long it will take you to fully recover (reness wise and tenderness wise) :-)
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    Definitely take Advil before you go. And get it done a week or at least a few days before your wedding. The main thing is that you don't want to be going and jumping in salt water (ie: HM) right after getting waxed down there bc your pores are open. If you wait a few days, which is what I did, you should be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I have used Kenneths.  Most girls there use the hard wax so it doesnt adhere to the skin and makes it less painful.  I usually go to the one off Polaris.  I personally dont think it is that painful, but it depends on your threshold for pain and the first itme is usually the worst becasue you dont know what to expect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one at Penzone in Dublin (Sunny D is the woman's name, I believe). She was really awkward at first (I walked in and she was like- strip!). But after that point, she was amazing. Relatively easy and super professional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards