Ohio-Columbus
Options

lotz studios

Has anyone used them before? They seem really nice, but we are just wondering if others have different feedback?

Re: lotz studios

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know other people have had positive things to say, but I had an awful experience trying to get a hold of them and then they gave my date to someone else in the meantime.  I'd never recommend them.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/default.aspx?path=http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati&MsdVisit=1
  • Options
    casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and his fiance are using them for their 2012 wedding. They have had a great experience so far and their engagement pictures are BEAUTIFUL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Lotz and had nothing but a positive experience ! they were professional and did great work .. I loved them so much that I have sent 6 other couple to them who have all had a wonderful experience so far:) I hope people won't read one bad experience and not book them because you can't please everyone and anyone that is in business knows that unless you put a deposit down they have no legal obligation to hold your date so it was just bad luck !!:( I'll be a big cheerleader of Lotz and will always be :)!! they were by FAR my favorite vendor !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so surprised to hear that you had a hard time getting a hold of Lotz Studios. I just had my wedding two weeks ago. I was amazed at the swiftness that Mike responded to every e-mail and phone call. They were definetly the vendor that replied the quickest to any question I had. I had replies to every e-mail usually within the hour. I even commented to my fiance that Mike must always keep his phone on hand to reply to emails! I have already recommended them to friends and will continue to do so.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have nothing but good things to say about Lotz Studios. I used them for photography and video and needless to say I was blown away by the quality of work they produced and the customer service they have. I worked with Jared, Nathan, Mike and Kim and was beyond happy with ALL of them. You are going to be with these people all day and I was glad I was with them! I would recommend them for video and pictures, just look at the website it's amazing!!

• Options
    chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another very satisfied Lotz bride here.  Lotz prides itself on its amazing customer service.  I have never had difficulty reaching someone there and have never had to wait more than a few hours for a response - even when I email them about topics completely unrelated to photography.  I honestly don't know when they sleep.  The quality of their work is unmatched, and they are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.  I have recommended them to all my bride-to-be friends. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lotz is amazing! I used them and all of our guests were soooooo impressed! They do a great job!
  • Options
    rnshellyrnshelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just used Lotz last weekend for my Wedding and I was MORE than impressed!  They were fun, efficient, and amazing with creativity.  My bridesmaids kept raving about how they were so specific and detailed about their shots.  Kim took the time to rearrange the girls because of hairstyles!  The guests were thrilled at the reception with slideshow and told me how they loved my shoes!  I couldn't figure out how they had seen my shoes...The slideshow! So great!  I spent a lot of money on them..glad everyone got to see them!! Ha, ha.  The few sneak pics we have seen have been awesome!  I'm waiting with great anticipation to see the whole album!  WE love LOTZ Studios!  Worth every single cent!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just another positive review for Lotz.  Kim and Mike are amazing and were our favorite vendor by far.  Mike was always swift with getting back to me and day of the wedding they made everyone feel calm and relaxed.  Our pictures turned out amazing and I have sent several of my friends to them.  Only bad thing is they book up so darn fast BC they are so great so give them a call and you won't be disappointed.  HTH. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I unfortunately got stuck with Jared Williamson as a contact and that was the only person whose info I had.  I got an email response from my initial inquiry on a Monday.  I tried to call him back on Mon, Tues, and Wed and his VM was full every time.  I finally emailed him Wed as well saying that I wanted to book with them and would meet any time that worked since he was obviously busy.  Nothing.  I called and emailed again Thursday -- was finally able to leave a VM that day but still nothing.  I called again Fri, left another VM and finally he called back but I was in an office (I'm in sales).  His voicemail said he'd be available the rest of the day (it was around 2).  I called him back 5 min later and got his VM.  Left another VM saying can we please meet ASAP and through out a couple days.  Heard nothing back so I called again and left another VM at 4.  No call back.  Called AGAIN the following Mon and left another voicemail.  He finally called back and told me that a couple had booked the previous Thurs. through an admin that I had never known existed.  The only contact info that I had was Jared's, unfortunately.

Sorry guys, but there is no excuse for such poor customer service, in my opinion.  It seems that some of their other people there are doing a good job, but this was a full week of basically begging to give them money / business and Jared obviously couldn't have cared less.
  • Options
    darby22darby22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Lotz for my wedding.  I too had Jared as my photographer (and only contact person).  I was very pleased with his work...however I totally understand the communication problem.  He is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of.  It took forever to get our pictures and I felt very frustrated with many of my phone calls and emails never being responded to.  Jared was great to work with in person and I liked his final product, but having to constantly bug a vendor for things that were promised long before they were received is very frustrating!
  • Options
    lstirn327lstirn327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mike with Lotz is great! There work is wonderful.  We were going to use them but are using the FI cousin who is also a great photographer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards