Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Recap - loooong

First of all - I wanted to thank all of you for everything during the planning stages.  I really wouldn't have kept my sanity if it weren't for you.To start, DH (so weird to type that) was sick the whole weekend before and I started to feel icky on Tuesday(ish).  I took EVERYTHING under the sun and drank my weight in tea so that I wouldn't get sick.  It was successful (more or less), but when you're running on adrenaline, it's not a big deal.  Wednesday - I was only planning on working 1/2 day but our internet and email was down, so I was able to leave after 2 hours.  That was fabulous.  I got all of the last minute errands done without having to rush around.Thursday and Friday - one big blur.  We ran around getting last minute things, rehearsal/rehearsal dinner (not without unnecessary drama with my sister), nails, lunch, drop EVERYTHING off at the hotel in Annapolis.Friday night - I stayed at the Westin with my mom, sister and best friend the night before.  We had a nice dinner and just relaxed.  It was exactly what I needed.THE BIG DAY - (abridged version) - I woke up all stuffy and couldn't really breathe.  My BM and I went for a walk around Annapolis so I could finally breathe again.  Apparently the room we stayed in had no ventilation.  No biggie - I was okay afterwards.  We got back up to the room and my mom and sister joined us before the rest of the girls showed up.  We had amazing room service for everyone (and then some) while we were getting ready.  The hair and makeup people arrived on time and were ahead of schedule.  There was no rushing around or last minute issues.  It was such a relaxing, stress free day - I couldn't have asked for anything better.  The boys were same way too - I found out later.  Once the photographer and florist arrived - it was go time.  I put my dress on, took a few pictures in the suite (OH - we got upgraded to the Presidential Suite the day before - AMAZING!!!).  DH and I had our reveal and I'm so glad we did.  It was just us and the photographer and we both agreed that it relieved all kinds of jitters and helped us both relax and enjoy the next hour or so.  Pictures went smoothly, the ketubah signing was good too.  Then it really was go time!  Ceremony - A few family friends were still at the bar when the wedding party walked in so they had to stand off to the side before I walked down the aisle.  No big deal - their loss.  The walk down the aisle was no less dramatic for me just because I saw DH before.  It was great to lock eyes and know that it was just him and I.  Our ceremony had both a Preist and Cantor and they did an amazing job.  Two funny things - someone's phone started to ring and someone hit the lights in the middle and put them up full strength.  If those are the only two things that go wrong....I'm okay.  The ceremony was beautiful - I couldn't have imagined it any other way.  Cocktail hour was good - we spent part with just the wedding party and then joined everyone else so that we could thank people for coming and enjoy the company.  We took a few more pictures and it was time for intros.Reception - Perfect!  I couldn't describe it any other way.  Our DJ kept the floor packed all night and everyone raved about the music he was playing.  The centerpieces were perfect, the cake was amazing and everyone also raved about the food.  OH - we had a few wedding crashers from the 1979 Laurel High School reunion.  My mom had to kick them out.  We didn't know until afterwards, but I hope the videographer got part of that.There are a ton of pics on FB - if you care to stalk those.  I'm sorry this is so long, if you even got this far.  I'll have vendor reviews soon.

Re: Recap - loooong

• Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds wonderful! I'm glad everything went so well! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! I will say as a Newbie on here it is weird to see you "old married ladies" switch from engagement picture to a real wedding picture! The shoes turned out great and I'm sooo happy everything went well for ya!!
  • Options
    behweebehwee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like it all went great!  Yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad everything went so wonderful for you! You deserved it! I am doing everything possible right now to keep myself and FI from getting sick! Not easy! Kuddos to you for keeping yourself sick free!Everything looked wonderful on FB and you looked absolutely stunning! Loved the shoes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so happy to read this.  Your wedding sounded (and looked) incredible.  I'm really happy for you and thanks for sharing this with us!  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loved the part about your Mom kicking out the crashers - Go Mom!!! So glad your day was so beautiful...I agree with you - I'm sure some little something may not go as planned, or something unexpected may arise, but as long as its not major, I plan to smile and roll with it...good luck to you both!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards