Ohio-Columbus
Options

Big sister and MOH rant - what should I do?

I just really need some advice.

My sister who lives in Europe agreed to be my MOH after I explained to her that all she needed to do was to be there for me, help me with planning, wear a dress I picked and make a speech.

I understand she cant make it for the shower or the batchlorette party. I'm not asking her to fly over here \extra times just for pre-wedding things unless she wants to helself.
Now to her defence we don't really have the moh or bridal shower system where we are from.

The wedding colors are blue and ivory with hints of gold.
The girls were all wearing blue dresses. My sister refused to wear blue, so I switched it to Lilac dresses. I showed her the dresses and she was fine with that.

Two weeks ago, I remended her that she need to order the dress for it to come in time.... she emailed me back asking if it was ok if she wore the rasberry pink color instead.

I explained to her that everyone was going to wear the lilac color, and it would make me really happy if she could just wear the lilac one.
I also said that if she really wants to she can change out of her dress to something else at the reception.
I emailed her again on thursday and remined her that Saturday, Today is deadline to get the dresses in time.
She got back to me with "ok, but it's cool if I wear the pink one right?"
Again I told her that would not be ok because this is the dress and this is the color and everyone else has already placed their order, we are just waiting for her.
she still havent emailed me back... the store closes at 5 today and idk what to do if I havent heard from her by then.

What should I do?

What everyone is wearing
http://www.jasminebridal.com/as_change.aspx?sid=L&sqno=2008&color_s=LL&color_n=Lilac%20%28LL%29

What she wants to wear
http://www.jasminebridal.com/as_change.aspx?sid=L&sqno=2008&color_s=RB&color_n=Raspberry%20%28RB%29

Re: Big sister and MOH rant - what should I do?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Two thoughts - one, I have seen the MOH dressed differently from the rest of the bridal party.  Have you considered that?

And two, do you have the money to just front her the dress?  If today truly is the deadline I would just go ahead and order the dress to make sure she has it in time.  If it is important to you to have your bridal party dressed alike, then it might be worth the extra $$$ for the peace of mind.
  • Options
    maria009maria009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I second ordering the dress for your sister but order it in the color YOU want. Not only for the fact that it's your wedding but also that you've been very accomodating to your sister (ex. you already changed the colors of the dresses, which she agreed to wear, lilac). If you sister is not cool with this then that is her problem.

I'm having similar problems with a family member (also lives in another country) and it frustrates me when she disregards what I say in a similar manner as your sister, in hopes I'll just throw in the towel and agree to what this person wants. Good luck :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Order it for her! Then just say well it had to be in by this time so I went ahead and got you the matching dress with everyone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards