Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Venue recs needed

Hi ladies-I am the MOH for my best friend who is searching for a venue in the MD area.Do you have any recommendations for a venue that the reception can be held indoors, but has an outdoor feel AND the rental is 2k or less?The Atrium at Meadowlark in Vienna is gorgeous, but way too much $$. TIA!

Re: Venue recs needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is Saturday a requirement? Some places do have reduced rates for Friday and Sunday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Friday evening is an option
  • Options
    Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Antrim 1844 Country House and Hotel in Taneytown, MD. www.antrim1844.com. It's about 70 miles from DC. The ceremony and reception will be held in the glass pavilion. There is a huge garden area with fountains, gazebos, etc., for pictures. You can also have an outdoor wedding there. They have better rates in the off season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Gramercy Mansion has a second location (the main space would be over  the price) on their property called the Carriage House. Your reception is in the smaller garden and your reception can be outdoors at the carriage house or in the carriage house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Morningside Inn in Frederick.  They have a great inn with floor-to-ceiling windows and nice patios on the back.  We're getting married on a Sunday.  The rental for Fridays and Sundays is $2200 for ceremony + reception; only $1700 for reception only. [url]http://www.morningside-inn.com/[/url]
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Kurtz's Beach in Pasadena. It was $300 for the ceremony and a thousand for the rental. It's also on the water and you have that option to marry outside. It rained on our wedding day and they easily made it available for us to get inside. When teh rain did stop, we were able to get pictures outside overlooking the water--but it was dark..lol. Just throwing it out there!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lodge at little seneca creek in boyds, md
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation for Fiore.  One of the rooms has natural-colored wood walls though it looks more yellow in the pictures on their website.  Both rooms have great views as does the porch.We're using Liriodendron- the outdoor areas are great and there are 3 large porches to use.  The inside doesn't have an outdoor feel, but the views are still pretty nice from the rooms adjacent to the front porch.  Max. rental price is $2k, but it's lower for Fridays, Sundays and off season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the responses! tmm-My mom's maiden name is Kurtz-I need to check out that location!
  • Options
    tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at the Lodge at Little Seneca Creek.  It is owned by the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning commission.  Pics in Bio.  They have many sites in Mont and PG counties that are affordable. Mont. County www.wehavethewhere.org PG County  http://www.pgparks.com/Rentals___Permits/Historic_Site_Rental.htm
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at Antrim 1844 Country House...As pp noted, there are a couple of garden outdoor options, as well as the enclosed glass pavillion (which is  beautiful)...

We were initially thinking of doing a garden ceremony, but I'm beginning to warm to the idea of having both in the pavillion...but I'd highly recommend them, as they have flexible options and the pricing is reasonable...GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards