April 2012 Weddings

What's your next life project??

This board is super-dead now that everyone's married....

Let's try a poll?  Now that you are settling into married life, what's your next big "life" project/goal?

Re: What's your next life project??

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    Personally, I'm starting a new job in about a month!  We won't be on the baby/house train anytime soon.
  • Definitely no kids for us right now. I’d love to own a home, but that’s not in the cards right now either. So, I’m pushing forward with my small business to expand it and bring in more so that we can afford a home. Then we’ll start thinking about little ones.
  • No babies here :)  We would like to buy a home, but probably won't be doing that for a coupe years yet, so for now my big projects are learning how to make wine (first batch is underway, woot!) and restoring an antique sewing machine that's a family heriloom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    making wine sounds awesome.  I would have no idea how to even begin that, but it sounds like a hobby I can get behind :)
  • We are buying our first house and I am super excited about it! We are getting a new house built and planned to be moved in before Thanksgiving. :)

Babies will come after the house. :)
  • We're still getting settled in Nebraska, but I would like babies sooner rather than later so i think thats the next "big" thing for us.
  • bakersduzinbakersduzin member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm with the majority of you ladies here in that babies are definitely 2-3 years away. We bought a house this past December (although I didn't move in until after the wedding), so I've got a lot of house projects going on. Restoring old, previously loved furniture is becoming a new hobby of mine. :) DH finally landed a job after being unemployed for about 10 months, so that was a HUGE relief. Right now we're both happy and healthy and just trying to enjoy being newlyweds!

Oh yeah, and I'm STILL in the process of changing my name. I've got the super-official stuff done (Soc Security and DMV and whatnot), but I still need to notify utility companies, credit card, health insurance, etc. I also still need to get my gown & veil cleaned and preserved. Oh well lol...it will get done.
    Anniversary
  • I'm trying to save up money so I can runaway...I mean travel...to Norway.  I'm also going to start going through my clothes and the attic and get rid of stuff.

Also...I just bought a keytar, so there's that...I'm going to be getting "lessons" from a coworker next month finally.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm trying to get a new job! Everything else is going so perfect in my life except for the fact that I very much so dislike the current job that I'm in. So that's my focus right now. I also want to start cosmetology school as well, since I'm such a make-up and beauty fanatic I want to get into the wedding industry and do make-up! 
    We are just settling in to being married.. funny how people say nothing changes when you get married. I disagree. We have been together for years, and getting married brought out even more intimacy in our relationship. We argue even less about the little things like say, dishes because what's the point? We're in it for the long haul, no sense getting heated about little things. It's better to communicate effectively. We are so happy! Just basking in it and enjoying being newlyweds.  :D 
    Babies will be in another couple years.

• Radito, I think it's way cool that you get to go to Norway.  It's on my list of places to travel to.  :)

Wine making is really expensive.  :/  But, my in-laws used to make it, and they gave it up recently since FIL was diagnosed with diabetes, so they gave us all their stuff, so we've only had to make a minimal $$ investment into it.  It's fun, but takes forever and I pray that the first batch doesn't taste like vinager.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Nothing too special planned for me. I will continue with interior design school at a snails pace, because that's all I can afford to do right now. Eventually I will get a job in the industry and get out of this crappy job that has taken the last 7 years of my life.
    We (I) already have 2 boys, 9 & 6, so no new babies for us for at least 2 years. We just moved into our apt, and we love it. There's no need for us to leave at the moment, but hopefully we can buy a house around the time we plan on having a baby. I guess that's about it.
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • I'm focusing on my career (advertising) and getting my next promotion in the next year (fingers crossed!) I just applied to be a speaker at a conference, so fingers crossed on that one, I find out in about 3-4 weeks if I was accepted or not.

Husband is applying for jobs, he just finished his masters (going to be a high school math teacher), so I'm being supportive there. My 3-5 year plan right now is a) husband gets a job, settles for 1-2 years, myself I'll keep working on my career. b) 1-2 years from now we'll start looking for a house. c) 3-4 years from now we'll start trying for a baby! I want to have two kids and hopefully get that done by the time I'm 30 (turning 25 in August).
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Nothing too major. H started a new job the week after our honeymoon which he has been settling into. We already own a home, so we have been doing some small projects around the house, but nothing too big at this point. This summer is crazy w/ three other family weddings and showers, etc so we are just enjoying the weather and BBQing a lot :)
  • Hi ladies!!!

We are not trying to have babies for another 2 years..and we own the condo that we live in and we'll probably be buying a house around the same time that we start thinking about babies.

My next small projects are:  wedding related - send my dress to get cleaned, pick pictures for our album, put together pictures from our honeymoon and bridal shower.  Not wedding related - I'm going to start a certified screener class for work in september which will give me a bump in salary and finalizing a trip with my girlfriends also in septmember. But that's pretty much it.
    ~~* Jen *~~
  • We're old (34 and 37), and we've already been together nearly 6 years, so we want to get started on babies.  I already own my townhouse, and quite frankly I love it and have no interest in buying a house at this time.

DH is still working on establishing his side business and possibly going back to school...so we're kind of in limbo in that area.

• Moving into our new home in a week!  So we will be busy with all that entails.
    Marriage so far has been awesome!  Much better than I expected it to be. :-)
    Best wishes to all.
    ;-)
    Anniversary
  • Well I made a post above about our little surprise. We too had no plans for babies for ateast another year or two but apparently God had other plans. My original plan was to turn my husbands not so decorated house into a beautiful home for us to share. I have yet to hang the first picture! Way too tired! I will be 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_whats-your-next-life-project?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:73311fea-10f0-470d-912f-f829e3564271Post:b87f5536-c144-4dda-8923-917d034feb66">Re: What's your next life project??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to get a new job! Everything else is going so perfect in my life except for the fact that I very much so dislike the current job that I'm in. So that's my focus right now. I also want to start cosmetology school as well, since I'm such a make-up and beauty fanatic I want to get into the wedding industry and do make-up!  We are just settling in to being married.. <strong>funny how people say nothing changes when you get married. I disagree. We have been together for years, and getting married brought out even more intimacy in our relationship. We argue even less about the little things like say, dishes because what's the point? We're in it for the long haul, no sense getting heated about little things. It's better to communicate effectively. We are so happy! Just basking in it and enjoying being newlyweds.  :D  Babies will be in another couple years.</strong>  
    Posted by Epiphany1031[/QUOTE]

All of this!
  • BABIES!

I was just promoted so work isn't changing again for a while. We live in a VERY expensive housing market so that's 4-5 years out but we've started saving. I'm 32 and quite secure in my career, and now, the guy thing! It's time to make babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards