Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Pittsburgh Knottie needs help from Baltimore Knotties :-)

Hi! I had a question for all you girls in Baltimore.... My mom lives in Westminster outside Baltimore (my whole family is orginally from there) and I was wondering about some bridal shop suggestions. I wanted my family to go dress shopping with me so I'll be driving to MD in a couple of weeks. I'm sure someone has posted this somewhere else, but I'm afraid I couldn't find anything.....
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pittsburgh Knottie needs help from Baltimore Knotties :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Poor little rich girl.

Thye have tons there, are very nice, and prices really can range from cheap to very expensive.
    More than words.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really get where PPs comment is coming from.  Gamberdella's in Towson and Bestey Robinson's Bridal in Pikesville are often recommended on this board.  I'm not familiar with Westminster so I don't know how close those would be to your mom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_pittsburgh-knottie-needs-baltimore-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:15db646f-4507-4f0d-8a7e-69ec4e4d4879Post:4a5e6f0a-a06b-434c-b35f-481bdd31be41">Re: Pittsburgh Knottie needs help from Baltimore Knotties :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really get where PPs comment is coming from.  Gamberdella's in Towson and Bestey Robinson's Bridal in Pikesville are often recommended on this board.  I'm not familiar with Westminster so I don't know how close those would be to your mom.
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe she assumed the OP was a Steelers fan?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_pittsburgh-knottie-needs-baltimore-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:15db646f-4507-4f0d-8a7e-69ec4e4d4879Post:7b5a47ed-6b10-4438-bd3a-023f1d0ff756">Re: Pittsburgh Knottie needs help from Baltimore Knotties :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Knottie needs help from Baltimore Knotties :-) : Maybe she assumed the OP was a Steelers fan?
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">Lol!  I think she was referring her to Poor Little Rich Girl, a bridal shop in the White Marsh/Perry Hall area.</div></div>
  • Options
    heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Westminster isn't that far from Gamberdellas or Betsy Robinson's, maybe 45 and 30 minutes respectively. I went to both and loved them. There is one shop that I know of in Westminster (Cecelia's or something) but I didn't go because it seemed smaller and I had found a ton of dresses by the time I was in the area. I would definitely recommend Gamberdella's or Betsy Robinson's though :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha.... Don't worry, I figured out that the Poor Little Rich Girl was a bridal salon, although I am a Steelers AND Ravens fan (I watch both teams like crazy, but as a Steelers fan at heart, I'll root for the Steelers when they play each other... sorry... lol). My family gives me h*ll for it as they are Ravens fans ;-D

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I know where these stores are located ( I think i have even seen the Betsey Robinson store). Townson is very close to my mom and I have driven there plenty of times.

I am planning on scheduling a visit for 2 weeks from now on a Saturday... do you think I have enough time to get an appointment? For those of you that have been to these stores how much time should I have between appointments? I am a little worried that they will be so busy on a Saturday that I won't get the salesperson to focus on my visit.
  • Options
    angeepangeeangeepangee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Betsy Robinson is right at Reisterstown road and 695.  I went to both BR and Gamberdella and had a MUCH more pleasant experience at BR.  The lady at Gamberdella was very uninterested in helping me and they also don't let you pick out dresses to try on...they make you stay in the room and they bring what they think you may like.  Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am heading to Betsy Robinson first. I think they have an awesome selectoin from what I can tell online and it is very close to my mom's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my that really made me laugh. I had no idea Poor Little Rich Girl was a store. Thats great.

Good luck with your search!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I didn't know it was a store either.  Now it makes a lot more sense.

My appointment at BR was for an hour, I believe, but it only took 30 minutes.  They were the first place I looked so I told them I didn't know what I was doing and they said an hour was standard.  I went on a Saturday and I was the only person that my consultant was helping while I was there. 

I have been there other times, for fittings, where they are a little busier because of multiple appointments that run over the allotted time, but they are pretty good about not having more than one overlapping and will turn away walk ins if they're booked, which I actually appreciate because it's unfair to the people who call ahead and make an appointment if they get crappy service because of a bunch of walk-ins.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks so much for your alls help!

I have booked an appointment at Betsey Robinson, so it's a start to my wedding dress shopping :-) I might go ahead and book another appointment if time permits on that Saturday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh geesh! Im just now checking out the responses to this post after a while....didnt realize that i may have confused people when i suggested "Poor little rich girl" as a STORE and not a comment about the poster. lol.

Sorry...complete misunderstanding!  (Kinda funny though now that i think of it)
    More than words.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem! I got a good laugh out of it :-)

So to Betsy Robinson today, and..... I found my dress! Thanks so much for the suggestion! The staff was very helpful and friendly and we found a beautiful dress at half the price we expected to spend. It was awesome.

Thanks again! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem! Im glad that you found the perfect dress for your day!
    More than words.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats for finding the dress!  That's great!
  • Options
    heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful! What did you end up getting? Share pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I just saw the replies to my post!

I posted the pics on the Pgh forum and everyone seemed to like it. Hope you guys do too!

Front shot- one strap with crystal on the shoulder, strap made of chiffon

Side shot- same crystals on the opposite hip, chiffon integrated into the gown below the crystals

Back shot- chiffon stap splits to come across my back. More crystals on my back

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards