Ohio-Columbus

Veil input

Ok ladies,

What kind of veil are you wearing? I have had my dress for some time now, but really have no clue what kind of veil to wear with it and have been considering not wearing one at all. Attached is a picture of my dress. When I was shopping originally I really like the cathederal look, but just am really not sure. I know that a bird cage is not my style. Any suggestions?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veil input

• edited December 2011
    I think a birdcage veil would look nice.
  • BAYB153BAYB153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think cathedral would look gorgeous with this! I may be biased though! (I'm wearing cathedral too)...your dress is very elegant, timeless and classic and I think the cathedral would give it some "umph!"
  • itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a really simple fingertip veil- no border or beading or anything- and I love it.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom made my veil.  I didn't really want to wear one, but I compromised on a finger length plain veil.  It literally cost like $5 to make (for the tulle plus the comb).  Don't pay the $100+ that the bridal salons charge!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think an elbow length would look really nice. I also had my mom make my veil. It is cathedral length and cost about $15 total. It was also something fun for her to to do and its more special wearing something she made than wearing a store bought veil. 
  • amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should forget the veil and just wear a really awesome hair peice!  A pretty flower or something would look awesome with this!
  • edited December 2011
    A think a catheral would like nice or an elbow length.
    Since bird cage isn't your style, I would look more at longer veils. I bought one for my first dress and I now want a cathedral with my new dress.
    It's finger-tip length on my. (short and no waist).
    If you wanted it, I could sell it to you for pretty cheap.
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are open to not wearing one at all, I agree with a PP that your dress would be gorgeous with just a great hair accessory. The dress has a beautiful shape through the waist and wearing it without a veil will really show that off.

Otherwise I would stick with something very simple--your dress is amazing without any additional embelishment. Length-wise I am no help--if I wear a veil I'm wearing a bird cage. My advice would be to not go past a waist length.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_veil-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:bed44d97-a805-4f45-b860-dc27e69b9992Post:fe7b2454-702e-49cf-80a8-6968232fe9fe">Re: Veil input</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is a really simple fingertip veil- no border or beading or anything- and I love it.
    Posted by itsallnice421[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>mine too.  Still not sure if I'm going to wear it.</div>
    Anniversary
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a hair flower would look so pretty with the classic lines of your dress.  I found this one on Etsy, but you could even make one!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to wear a veil for the ceremony, I was not for the veil, until i tried one on at flower factory (one that is already made) and I thought it looked so nice. But I don't want to fuss with it for too long, so I am definitely getting a head piece.

I think a cathedrail (sp?) would look nice if that is what you want or an elbow length! Your choice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards