Ohio-Columbus
Options

Questions about wedding band.

Looking for an opinion on my wedding band I just got. I have the option of exchanging it for 30 days and I'm just not sure about it. I got it from Dunkin Diamonds and I feel the diamonds look yellow against my engagement ring. Maybe I'm just crazy. What does everyone think? Maybe it's just the idea of it being a wedding band. I have a cathedral ring and everything seems to look odd with it.

Re: Questions about wedding band.

• Options
    It's hard to tell with the picture for sure, but they do have a slight yellow tint, you're not crazy. I almost feel like it's too thick for you engaement ring band and that maybe a plain band might look better- BUT- that is a reflection on my style, I tend toward small jewelry. I'd wear it around for a while and see if it starts to look right. I know when I first got my engagement ring, I had to wear it and get used to having it on my finger. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    From the picture it does appear to have a yellow-ish tint.
    Make sure you get the SAME EXACT color and cut as your e-ring. If you don't know it, take it to a real jeweler that knows what they are talking about like Diamond Cellar for an appraisal. It's lke $75 but that will also help you get a more accurate amount for your insurance. Then, buy a band that matches your band.
    JMO.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hanna i think it is really pretty and goes really well with your e-ring!  I cant tell from the picture if it is yellowish.  Id look in the paperword that was given to you with both of your rings and they should tell you the exact color of the stones.  if not, like it was said before, take it to a jeweler and have them clarify for you.  Im sure you can find stones that match in cut and color to your e-ring!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think it looks nice with your engagement ring, it could just be the way they are set, I would ask people to look at it in person, don't tell them you think it is yellow and say "how do you think this works together?" someone would tell you what they think :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_questions-about-wedding-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:bee51c80-2c02-42d3-8c00-2ab31d5ac204Post:602e8997-8e50-4de6-ba83-2d1c2c0684f1">Re: Questions about wedding band.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it looks nice with your engagement ring, it could just be the way they are set, I would ask people to look at it in person, don't tell them you think it is yellow and say "how do you think this works together?" someone would tell you what they think :)
    Posted by tiffanydaniels[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed, photos don't always do things justice and might pick up or reflect colors that aren't there. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The ring itself looks good! but the diamonds do look a little strange but maybe it's from the flash.  Did you also get your E-ring from Dunkins? I could be wrong, but the place where you got your E-ring should provide you with adequate matches. 
  • Options
    To me the diamonds in the band look exactly the same in color to the center stone in your e-ring, but it could just be because of the flash.

I do really like the style of the band, I think it compliments your e-ring very nicely.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone! I've decided that I'm crazy and it looks fine. I asked my mom about it too haha.

They were from two different stores because my e-ring was from a mall boutique that didn't have any affordable bands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards