Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Hello from an old knottie

Greetings everyone!  Feeling a little nostalgia on the 7th anniversary of my wedding.  Thought I would pop in and see how everyone is doing!  I see the Knot has changed a bit since I last visited.  My profile pics are super small now?

At any rate, I still have all of my planning documents, so if anyone is interested please let me know.  I have:

DJ list
Day-of-wedding timeline
Items for emergency basket
Template for my program
Alcohol list for anyone setting up their own bar (ordered and consumed)

Anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Finally, I'll share with you a few things that in hindsight I would have thought of:

1.  The day before your wedding make sure you put out EVERYTHING that you need to take and that you are going to wear - make it visible.  I was supposed to wear crinolin under my dress and half way through the reception I couldn't figure out why my dress was dragging on the ground and I realized that the crinolin was still sitting in a box in my bedroom.

2.  Right before I walked down the isle, I was so excited to see everyone and how beautiful everything was that I didn't take that very special moment with my father to just enjoy the moment before he walked me down the isle.

3.  I forgot to put my veil down over my face.

4.  The day FLEW BY!  I wish that I would never have done the bouquet or garter toss.  It was like pulling teeth to get people to participate and it was a major time sucker.  I would much rather have spend the time dancing and mingling with my guests and enjoying my husband's company.

Even with these small things - I wouldn't have changed a thing.  The day was a fantasy come true and 7 years later my husband and I continue to relive that special day.  Good luck to all of you and best wishes for a bright future!

Re: Hello from an old knottie

• Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you for the tips!! the April board was just talking about a day-of checklist, would you mind sharing yours? the emergency kit and the day-of timeline would be super! email me at lisab613 at yahoo.
    Anniversary image<br
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards