Maryland-Baltimore

Looking for inexpensive historic ambiance-- Fall 2012 wedding

Well, wedding time is less than a year away, and I haven't settled on a venue yet!

Right now the strongest contender is Overhills Mansion in Catonsville, but for some reason I'm still hoping that 'perfect' venue is out there!

I'd like a place with Historic/victorian/vintage look and feel, preferably not requiring much additional decoration, that fits about 120 guests.  I have a VERY low budget but I'm fine with quite a bit of DIY or a sunday wedding, etc.

Any idea?

I've already been to Newton-White and Oxon Hills Mansions, the perfect sort of places but sadly out of my price range.

Re: Looking for inexpensive historic ambiance-- Fall 2012 wedding

• celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Elkridge Furnace Inn? I am not sure what the exact costs would be for that size wedding but that is where we're getting married and they have been wonderful. They were flexible with prices since we are having a small wedding and are doing it Saturday day. 

When you look at their rates it may seem high but they are pretty inclusive. We won't have to rent any chairs or linens and the food and cake will be done by them. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Oakland (historic-oakland.com) or Waverly Mansion(historicwaverlymansion.com), both in Howard County? Or Liriodendron Mansion in Harford County (liriodendron.com)?
  • harpsdesireharpsdesire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have looked at Elkridge, sadly it seems to be just a little too high, but I'm sure it would be amazing.  The level of service for the price there is wonderful.

I will try to get a look at Waverly and oakland, thanks!
  • edited December 2011

Hello celticmyss! Even though we're a little less than a year away from your wedding, I'm always excited about every Ceremony & Reception we host.

As most of my wedding clients will tell you, I am very willing to work 'outside the box' to fit within nearly any Target Price Range/Budget, given certain parameters. As celticmyss mentioned one example of a way to reduce the overall cost is to go with a less sought after date/time, such as a Saturday Daytime rather than a Saturday Evening.

Now since I only know your handle on here and not your actual name, I'm not sure if you've only requested information from The Elkridge Furnace Inn or if you have specifically met with me for a tour of our facility and to discuss specifics more in-depth.

Please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email and I will be glad to let you know what I could offer working within your Target Price Range/Budget. 410.379.9336 matthew@elkridgefurnaceinn.com.

I will also send you a pm.

Cheers!

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You know, I was curious about your name WeMakeMemories, but thought maybe it could be a bride making memories with her FI...no vendors are allowed on the boards
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Try checking out The Cloisters in Lutherville!! I was married there in October 2010 and I can't tell you how perfect this place turned out for us.  It was so beautiful, we barely had to spend on decorations.  For the fall, we decorated with pumpkins and candles.

The listing price at The Cloisters can sometimes be costly (includes tables & chairs already though), but if you call you might be able to get a deal.  The property is owned by Baltimore City... good for negotiating.  And the girls that work there (Annie and Kimmie) are helpful and awesome.  They even have some decorations they'll allow you to use for free (string lights, pedestals, laterns, etc.)

Here's a pic of me at the gate of the cloistered garden and going up the stairs, no backdrops, decorations or props needed here ;-)  GOOD LUCK!

• edited December 2011
    Not sure how many guests you're expecting but Hebron House is a great, quiet location with that historic feel, nestled in Ellicott City. Also, because its owned by a church, the rates are very affordable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards