Maryland-Baltimore

Advice on where to shop for my dress?

Hi!
I just started the wedding dress shopping process. I have looked at Betsy Robinson and while I really liked it, I still want to look at some other places to see what is out there. I had three other places in mind: The Bridal Boutique Columbia, Gamberdella's, and Bridals by Elana. My mother and sister are from out of town and are coming down next Friday. I don't think I can cram in 3 places in one day so I am going to try to narrow it down to 2 of them (unless it is worth it to go to all 3?). Has anyone been to any of those 3 places before and have an comments? Or suggest looking at different places in the Baltimore area? I really don't know a lot about those 3, I am purely just going off of shops rated well on the Knot, but any personal experiences or comments on any of the three would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Advice on where to shop for my dress?

• I would suggest Amanda Ritchey.  She has two stores, one in Fallston and the other in Baltimore.  I went through her Fallston shop when I purchased my dress and had a great experience.

Also, don't just listen to who The Knot rates as the best because the only way shops and other vendors get on The Knot is by paying to be listed.

• I highly recommend Gamberdella's.  The staff were great.  I wasn't really sure what kind of dress I wanted so they brought out tons of different styles for me to try on.  They did a good job staying under my budget, some of the dresses I tried on were significantly less then my budget, so I know that they were not trying to upsell me.

Their seamtress is awesome too.  She sewed a bra into my dress.  The dress was silk and had a really low back.  It was much cheaper and more comfortable to have the bra sewn in then to try and wear one of those low back corsets!

Good Luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I enjoyed my time at the bridal boutique but I am also seconding the recommendation for Amanda Ritchey bridal. Otherwise you have a great list already
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Betsy Robinson. No more to say. It's fanatstic there.
  • Thanks so much!!!
  • Ladies,
    if you are on the market for a wedding dress you might want to check out the White Friday Mega Wedding Gown Sale in Wilmington, De on Nov 23.
    Very nice dresses on sale for all types of budgets and sizes.
    Check out their website at labellebridals.wordpress.com
    All the best with your planning and marriage!
  • In Response to Re: Advice on where to shop for my dress?:
    Posted by odxjobs[/QUOTE]

reported!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards