Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Please help..Bridal shop name?

Hi ladies,
I have seen it post here before but can't seem to find it. What's the name of the bridal shop in Glen Burnie, I believe is Elena something. & the one in Columbia, MD?

TIA,

Sue

Re: Please help..Bridal shop name?

• Options
    hljaneshljanes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridals By Elena is I think in Severna Park?

And Columbia Bridal Boutique is in Columbia.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhh Thanks!! no wonder I couldn't find it!

Thanks so much
    :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you're planning on going to either of these places.  I've heard nothing but awesome things about Bridals by Elena.

I would avoid Columbia Bridal Boutique like the plague.  I went there when I first started looking for a dress and ended up leaving in tears.  That place is awful and I can safely say that I'm not the only one who had a bad experience there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Highdee, I just finish reading the reviews for the Columbia Boutique on wedding wire and got all skeptical. Thanks for confirming that the reviews. I will not be going there! thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Speaking from experience, Bridals by Elena was good. I got a bridesmaid dress with them for my friend's wedding last year! They are very nice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jess! I will definitely check them out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_please-helpbridal-shop-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:54fc801f-5377-443f-877b-05c724bfa883Post:a18d7823-7bb9-4b15-b7a1-18c9d4622e4f">Re: Please help..Bridal shop name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if you're planning on going to either of these places.  I've heard nothing but awesome things about Bridals by Elena. I would avoid Columbia Bridal Boutique like the plague.  I went there when I first started looking for a dress and ended up leaving in tears.  That place is awful and I can safely say that I'm not the only one who had a bad experience there.
    Posted by highdee[/QUOTE]

I actually had a very awesome experience there with my dress - but based on reviews my dress came home and I am having it altered elsewear (Sheryl likely).

The consultant was closer to my age, and did not show me things out of my range.

I really did not like the atmosphere and attitude of Bridals by Elena. I found them extremely snooty, wouldn't allow photos (and none of my party could come with me) and showed me almost all out of my range (I told them $800-$1400).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp about Columbia Bridal being super sketchy.  However, I loved Bridals by Elena.  They don't allow photos of the dresses, but there were many shops I went to that didn't allow that.  I didn't have the problem of them showing me dresses outside of my price range.  My consultant was really sweet and I ahd two of my BMs with me.  Also, my friend had her dress ruined by the alterations ppl at Columbia bridals - she purchased a dress off the rack at Bridals by Elena ten days before her wedding and they put in overtime to get it ready to walk down the aisle.  She was there as late as ten pm the Friday before her wedding! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't got my dress yet, but I had a good experience trying things on at Columbia Bridal.  I wasn't ready to buy, and the consultant was great with me - not pushy at all.

One thing I found annoying, though - I keep getting calls from them encouraging me to come back and informing me of sales.

I won't be going back, because I'd rather get my dress from some place I trust to do the alterations as well and the reviews of Columbia make me very nervous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all your feedback ladies :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards