August 2013 Weddings

Monday Accountability

How was everyone's week with diet and exercise?

I was doing well at the beginning of the week, but got discouraged when my weighin on Wednesday showed a gain instead of a loss! I have still been eating pretty well, but haven't been to the gym since last Wednesday. Today is a new day and I plan on working out as much as I can this week, because I will be out of town this weekend.

Do you ever get discouraged when your weighin doesn't show what you were expecting?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday Accountability

• I am holding steady on my exercise plan.  Lost an additional 1lb last week (total 18lbs lost to date, 22 to go for ultimate goal).  I had hoped for 2 but oh well.  That is what happens when you eat birthday cake and cheetos.  Ugh! 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• It can be very frustrating when you see a gain when you're expecting a loss. I've been back from vacation for three weeks now and at first I lost 4lbs, but I'm stuck again. I'm upping my workout from just cardio to a weight/resistance plan as well, but am still struggling to find one that I like.

My biggest thing is what I eat (and don't eat). Food has always been a challenge because I don't like to eat, don't enjoy it, and therefore take little pleasure in it. I'm working on it though - my FI is appreciative of what I do cook, so I try to be a little more creative and health conscious. I CAN cook quite well, it's just never been something that I've enjoyed. I'd rather go to a restaurant and sit down.

I have to work hard to drink enough water (am not there yet either), and make sure that I get enough calories too. Starvation mode has always been my battle - my body holds everything. I need to convince it that I'm really not trying to starve myself!

My goal for this week is to get in 5 workouts AND make good meal choices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know that feeling - when you do everything right and still gain. It's disappointing. :(
    I did really well staying on track this week - I lost .6 lb. I have been eating well and exercising a lot. I am training for a half marathon so getting the long runs in has helped me lose a little bit of weight too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards