Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Unity Candle VS Unity Sand

Im torn between having a Unity Candle and Unity Sand. We are not having and out-door ceremony, but im just in with love idea of being able to create this together at the ceremony and will get more use out of it and display it in our home. Where the candles on the other hand may end up tucked away in box collecting dust.Have any of you done the Unity sand?

www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON

Re: Unity Candle VS Unity Sand

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt just the opposite. We are doing a unity candle, because I think it is prettier and with the tea light insert you can keep using it over and over without using up the actual candle. I will probably give each mother a candlestick then keep the main candle for myself. Here is my set...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the Sand Ceremony. 1st because as you said it is something that can be displayed where the unity candle probably wouldnt be. 2nd because we want to involve my daughter in it with us and i really dont think she needs to be playing with fire! I got the Umbra frame and will be able to put our wedding picture in front of the sand and have it displayed.
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kira your candle is sooooo pretty. I have never seen one like yours absolutely love it.
    Tygress, I feel the same we wanted to involve our kids as well. I actually found some really cool cylinder's from a consignment shop for less then $2 each(cork included), one for he and I and the other for us and the kids.
    www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the unity candle. We registered for one that can become a centerpiece on our dining room table. I also registered for the matching tablecloth, vase and runner, and napkins, and of course the cke knife and server. We are placing the unity candle on teh communion table at my church, and covering the table with the tablecloth, and using the vase to hold the long stme white roses in honor of our deceased grandparents all on the same table. So it looks uniform.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did sand.  Honestly - I what they both symbolize, but I went with the sand since (like you said) it can be displayed better, and we just love the beach and thought the sand portrayed that for us. 

We don't have kids, but I absolutely love the idea of having kids participate in the sand ceremony for everyone to become one family - and you can see how your color sand mixes with everyone elses. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah! Yeah the kids and fire don't really mix well. Good choice going with sand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And thank you for the compliment on my candles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards