Ohio-Columbus

Mrs KNS

I saw your post about the Hawaiian cruise. My DH and I just got married in November 2010. We did the land and sea package. We booked through Hawaiian Cruise Outlet dot com. We flew into Honolulu for 2 days on land (thurs-fri) and on Saturday we boarded the Pride of America. We did choose to book a balcony room as it was our honeymoon. It was absolutely amazing. I started a blog for all of our days if you want to check it out http://www.adventuresofmrandmrsh.blogspot.com

My DH and I had been tossing up the idea of doing to Aruba, relaxing and doing an AI or this Hawaiian Honeymoon. We choose Hawaii due to the fact that we know we will never invest $6,000 in a vacation again or possibly be able to go on a 10 day vacation once we have kids and a house, etc.

As you stated the cruise is not ROMANTIC, yet we went without the romantic aspect of the room for the amazing sites and beautiful of Hawaii. We did get a couples massage on the boat and it was fantastic. My sister sent us wine and chocolate covered strawberries, so our first night there we relaxed on our balcony, enjoyed the sound of the sea with our wine and strawberries just the two of us! It was perfect!

Our opinion is that you can do an AI anytime... our Hawaiia honeymoon was not something we can do again.... Hope this helps. PM if you have any questions. Not sure if you come to this board often so I will send you a PM too!!

Re: Mrs KNS

• sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AH Val, so I'm totally creeping on your planning site now and you are just GORGEOUS. Thought you should know. :-) Your wedding looks amazing and everything was so well coordinated!
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    Wow, that was extremely helpful!!!  Thanks for reaching out and sharing your honeymoon experience.  Hawaii is our #1 pick so we thought no better way to see it all then cruise to all the major islands.  I can't wait to share this information with him! 

...and the day you got married, November 6, happens to be my birthday!  :)  How wild is that??! 
  • edited December 2011
    sep72fendr- thank you!! creep away ;) I love looking at other people's bios... they were very helpful when I planned my wedding and I want it to help others if it can!

Mrs. KNS- Crazy about your birthday/our wedding day! What a concidence!! Hawaii was fantastic... I wouldnt of changed it at all.. (Well minus day 1 weather in Kauai! Ha). Any question, PM me or find me on the Philly board!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I just went on a cruise to Hawaii, but did not do the land and see option.  I really felt on just the cruise I didn't get to see Hawaii.  I loved it but thought I missed some of the experience of Hawaii.  If your going to fly that far, totally stay!
    Holly Loves AVON
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards