Maryland-Baltimore
Options

AW: Very productive weekend!

My Mom came to town on Thursday night to help me and my FI get some planning done and we did great!

We had our tasting and picked out our menu - the food was incredible!

We had a meeting with our wedding planner and got a lot accomplished.

My Mom found her dress!

We got a lot of the little things done (OOT bag supplies, aisle runner, etc.)

It felt great to hear our wedding planner say we are on track!  Thanks for letting me share!  :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: Very productive weekend!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So exciting!  What did you decide on for food? The tasting was the best part of planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting!  I talked with Mary Elliott on Thursday on the phone, and we're all set to do our cake tasting with her on 2/12!  I can't wait for tastings- so glad to hear you enjoyed yours :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim - We decided on either beef tenderloin or crabcrake.  Each meal comes with garlic mashed potatoes and hericot verts with sea salt (the tiny, crunchy green beans).  Each guest will also get a strawberry spinach salad and the caterers will also have 2 big tables with an antipasti spread during the cocktail hour (with artichoke dip)!

Mmmm...

Caroline - What kinds of cake are you going to taste?  Our cake tasting was amazing!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't decided on our cake type yet!  One thing neither of us are really into (which seem to be all the rage right now) are the cakes with fruity fillings.  We're just old-fashioned I guess!  I like European buttercream, FI has no idea what we likes.  We'll prob get just regular white/vanilla cake... although FI does love chocolate too, so we'll definitely try one of chocolate.  The fillings we like are just plain old chocolate ganache, mocha filling, Grand Marnier filling... so nothing fancy really.  She does an almond flavored cake too which I think sounds delicious... not sure what kind of filling you'd put with it though! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :butting in: Mary's almond cake was so good! We pared it with lemon filling I think (it may have been raspberry, too, I can't really remember) and I loved it! I have no idea how I'm going to choose a flavor!
    6.12.10 June 2010 Siggy Challenge: Fave E-pic imageMy Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards