Maryland-Baltimore

"Non-travelling" hair and makeup recommendations?

Hi.  I am having a terrible time finding a hair and makeup artist allows me to come to them, instead of having them come to me.  Every place in the Catonsville/Columbia/lower Baltimore area only does "on-site" hair and makeup, but they really DON'T want to travel to me...since its just me (the bride) they won't make as much money.  Does anyone know of a good bridal hair and bridal makeup salon or "stay-put" individual in that general area?  Thanks!

PS-Sorry for the double-post if also seen under "Maryland" local board.

Re: "Non-travelling" hair and makeup recommendations?

• I am surprised you are running into this issue!  I see wedding parties/bride at Studio 921, where I get my hair cut, all the time. If you get your hair done at a regular place I would ask for a recommendation from the person who cuts your hair if they have someone internally that does special occasion styling.
    hth
  • I know that Zena's Spa in the city does bridal hair and make up at their salon. I am considering using them since I get my hair cut there. I am not sure if that is too out of the way for you. 

Like PP said I would ask where you usually get your hair done, they should know someone. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm going to look into those recommendations, thanks.  I'll take more if anyone has any.
    I also want to clarify that I live in Montgomery County, but am getting married at the Inner Harbor.  So I listed those areas due to their proximity, and my vague familiarity with them, to help eliminate the stress of having to go to a salon other than my own.
    Thanks!
  • I recommend looking into Patrick's Hair Design in Columbia, MD - Rt 108 & Red Branch Road.

• Zena's is just a mile and a half or so from the harbor. I think their bridal package is $150ish for hair, make up, and a mani/pedi. 

I am not sure if I should send you there though, it looks like we're getting married the same day. Don't steal my appointment! Wink
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd highly recommend Studio 921. It's VERY close to the Inner Harbor and parking is convenient + accessible. =)

- Serena
  • I just had my hair trial with Cara at Perfect Touch Salon on Frederick Road in Catonsville and she was great!  They do hair, makeup, nails, massage, everything on site.  I recommend.
  • Hi I'm a local makeup artist. I travel to brides with no additional travel charge for brides in my local area and I also don't mind having the bride come to me. If you would like more information on pricing a to see pictures of my work I will send you my email address :
  • No, idea if you found someone but let me tell you. I got married in the innerharbor and I'm SO SO glad I didn't have to go out to get things done. If you want I can rec someone that will travel too you FOR FREE and do your make up FOR FREE. Just email me. mndaly23@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards