Maryland-Baltimore

Independent Florists

Hi! Does anyone know of an independent florist, maybe someone who works out of their home? Looking for someone to do a small wedding.

Re: Independent Florists

• Eve Thompson
    eve@flowersbyeden.com
    She is fantastic and is willing to be flexible to fit within a Budget/Target Price Range.
  • We decided on Local Color Flowers (locoflo.com). The owner, Ellen, has been very easy to work with, and we love that she only sources from local farms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FloralExpressionsbyJennifer.com

She's great :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenn&chadjenn&chad member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_independent-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:81c713d4-cd38-48a5-addc-c1aab5f75217Post:5bb2fa73-03b8-4135-a520-708736210e47">Re: Independent Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]We decided on Local Color Flowers (locoflo.com). The owner, Ellen, has been very easy to work with, and we love that she only sources from local farms.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

I contacted Ellen and she wasn't available for our date. Not sure if she only does 1 wedding per saturday, but she might not have the availability/flexibility that a florist working inside their home would. Also I think she has a shop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_independent-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:81c713d4-cd38-48a5-addc-c1aab5f75217Post:6e42c39e-e502-4b1e-9af1-3702b92bd3a8">Re: Independent Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Independent Florists : I contacted Ellen and she wasn't available for our date. Not sure if she only does 1 wedding per saturday, but <strong>she might not have the availability/flexibility that a florist working inside their home would. Also I think she has a shop.
    </strong>Posted by jenn&chad[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean about the flexibility. In what way would someone in their home have more flexibility?

Yes, she has a shop, but if she only does one wedding per day, then she must have a pretty small operation, which is how I interpretted the OP's request for suggestions (as opposed to the bigger Flowers & Fancies types of places).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @BmoreBride311 - we went with Local Color Flowers too!  I love that she locally sources all the flowers. Ellen has been great to work with so far. Her home base is Hampden btw.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards