Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Engineer's Club?

Has anyone held their event at the Engineer's Club or been to one there? Its on my list for considering, I like that their cost per person seems ot include almost everything, vs. renting a space, catering, cake, chairs, tables, linens, etc. But because the pricing is different I am having troubles comparing costs... any advice is welcomed!

Re: Engineer's Club?

• Options
    jenn&chadjenn&chad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had trouble with this too when I was looking at venues.  They should be able to break it down for you.  I have not been to a wedding there but in my search for a photographer I've seen pictures of weddings there and it looks gorgeous.  It has a very classic, romantic feel.  If it's in your price range I would visit and see what you think.  We visited a couple of different venues before we chose one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bethesda15bethesda15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there this October, and I couldn't be happier with the venue.  I also like that it is an all-inclusive price, so all I have to bring in is a cake (and of course the music, flowers, etc!).  Also, the decor is so nice you will save money if  you were going to be in a blank hotel ballroom and would need to add lighting, decoration, etc.

Before I decided on the Engineer's Club, my fiance and I made a spreadsheet to try and do an apples-to-apples comparison of their prices with other places we were considering.  In the end, I think was pretty close, but this of course depends on where else you are looking. One other thing to consider - you get the use of the Club ALL DAY, unlike other places that might book an earlier or later wedding. 

I suggest you make a list of all the other things you have to pay for at other places, like linens, chairs, cake stand, etc.  The biggest thing I learned was not to base it solely on the catering cost per person, because once you add in the other stuff, what seemed like an affordable rate might not be that great!  Best of luck to you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards