Maryland-Baltimore

NWR: Moving to Harford County

Hey ladies--
Wow I haven't been on here in so long! Thank god for spring break finally :)

My fiance matched at Christiana Hospital in Delaware and I have two more years at Hopkins (downtown and Bayview), so we're going to split the difference and try to rent a house in Harford County. I was hoping some locals could weigh in with any and all advice! We're checking out places in Abingdon and near Havre de Grace...safe, quiet, and sort of near highways are ideal.

TIA and I hope the wedding planning is going well for everyone!

Re: NWR: Moving to Harford County

• edited December 2011
    Are you set on a house or would you be okay with an apartment/condo?  I'm not sure if you've been up to the area, but Bel Air is a little more central, we're exit 77B (Bel Air) and are about 3 miles from 95 (it takes me 5 mins if that to get to 95... am a nurse working 7p-7a and it takes approximately 35 minutes to get to University of Maryland Medical from where we live, about 25/30 to Hopkins).  I grew up around here, have lived here all my life aside from the college years, and I really prefer this area to the city, although I wish the commute were shorter now that I work nights!  If you have any specific questions or want more info, you can e-mail me at munleymc at gmail dot com. 

Congrats to your FI on his match!  Are you in med school too?  One of my BMs is hoping to get matched (next year) back here in the Baltimore area... she's at Wake Forest, trying to decide between Peds and OBGYN...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    I grew up in Jarrettsville, which is at the very northern part of Harford County.

I think your two best options to look for a place are Bel Air or Fallston, since they both have exist next to each other on 95.  Certain parts of Forest Hill would work also since that is right next to Bel Air, but a little more remote.   I absolutely love HarCo, and would give anything to move back there!
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my good friends and her husband lives in Abingdon and they are right off 95.  And my best friend's sister and her husband and baby rent a townhouse in Abingdon as well.  They absolutely love it!  If you have any questions about their developments, email me at dawnmhayden at yahoo dot com!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I can't help at all, just wanted to say congrats to your fiance on the match!  Have you tried posting this on the Nest as well?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I just bought a house in Constant Friendship (Abingdon) so far we LOVED it.  We both lived in BaltCo most of our lives and it has been a great change.  Email me at tcooper2 at bcps dot org if you have any questions :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LoveBugBabyLoveBugBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My FI and I bought a house in Abingdon too.  We absolutely love it.  I work down past the city, and the entrance to 95 is literally 2 minutes from where we live in Abingdon (Box Hill side).  I would def. stick to Abingdon if you want to be close to 95.  The neighborhoods are wonderful and there are many many young couples starting out in this area! We moved to Abingdon in '08, and the same year 4 couples we're friends with moved up here as well!  It's very close to everything, but just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of busy Bel Air! Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all your input! We'll be in Abingdon and I'm so excited!! I had never been through Bel Air before and it is too cute--can't wait for summer. See y'all on 95 :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards