Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Ceremony Musicians

Does anyone have any recommendations for local ceremony musicians? My wedding is going to be in Frederick in October and I'm hoping to find either a string duo, trio or quartet that can play the Beatles and other songs from that genre for my ceremony. All recommendations and suggestions are welcome!

Re: Ceremony Musicians

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Bay Strings (contact: Martha Vance).  They were great.  We walked back down the aisle to a Beatles song....so they knew that one.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Music Unlimited; we only had a duo but they have other options.  Before booking them, I also looked at gigmasters.com; you can put in the type of musicians, and genre of music you're looking for, along with your location, and budget, and it will give you matches and quotes.  A lot of musicians that you're matched to have profiles that include samples of their work that you can listen to, which I liked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I've contacted someone at Bay Strings and I also found someone who may work through gigmasters. You girls rock!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Antares Musicians. $600 for a trio for 2 hours.
    I think they have Beattles on their repertoire list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also check with the Peabody Institute for references for musicians-sometimes cheaper than a lot of the professional alternatives, but peabody trained and with good reputations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards