Maryland-Baltimore

the oaks/tidewater inn/chesapeake beach club

Hello all, this is my first post here, though I have been reading for a while and think this site is a great asset.
Anyway, we are hopefully planning on getting married in the fall of 2012, and i  have been stressing out about venues. I of course have fallen in love with a few places, and all of them I think are very expensive! I love the oaks, tidewater inn, and of course the chesapeake bay beach club. I am also interested in turf valley.
My question is, is it possible to have a wedding and reception at either of  these places for under 15,000 total? We priced up tidewater online, and it seemed to come to $18,000, for the food/bar/venue. I'm wondering if you do a winter wedding or cut your guestlist down would these locations be possible? I don't want to skimp on quality; I wanted a fall wedding but feel I'm going to have to compromise somewhere.
Thanks! Any advice appreciated!

Re: the oaks/tidewater inn/chesapeake beach club

• LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Tidewater has minimum guest counts, so that may affect your ability to cut your guest list. That said, the staff their are very friendly and helpful. I would call and speak to someone to see what can be done.

I've been to conferences for work that have been held at Turf Valley. IMHO, the food (a VERY high priority in our decisionmaking) was mediocre. If the same catering staff handle both conferences and weddings, it may not be the best option.

Have you tried looking at Friday and Sunday options. You can sometimes get better pricing for an "off" day. And true weeknights (e.g. a Thursday) can be a steal! A friend held her wedding at Grammercy Mansion on a Tuesday for dirt cheap in comparison to their Saturday rates!
  • Kims0909Kims0909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at the oaks in St. Michaels in July 2012! I agree with the fact that it's a bit pricey, but I know the staff is always willing to accomodate. I know they have minimum headcounts in July for 150, but in the winter months they have minimums of 100 guests at $135 pp (including open bar) - which will definitely help cut your cost!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards