Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Gown alterations?

I purchased my gown at a local bridal boutique in September. I had my first fitting tonight and I left feeling very uneasy. The seamstress (along with the manager/owner) was rude and rushed my appointment. She got annoyed with me when I questioned the bustle, and didnt answer any concerns I have. I left feeling very uneasy and no longer want them to touch my gown.

Are there any reputable seamstresses in the Baltimore area I can take my dress to? Im calling this boutique in the morning and telling them I will be there when I get off work for my dress.

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Gown alterations?

• Options
    I used Diana Adams and a lot of people also reccomend Sheryl Kelm. 
  • Options
    I am one that recommends Sheryl Kelm. She was a total sweetheart and such an amazing person to work with. She will work with you on how you want it to be. Very reasonable in price as well. She does book up super quick though. She is in the Pasadena area. If you would be interested let me know and I can give you her contact info.
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Options
    I used Diana Adams, of www.marylandseamstress.com, I was very happy with her work, my gown needed to come in 10 inches. My bustle was pretty, french bustle? and lasted all night with no issues. She prefers emails :)
  • Options
    Sheryl Kelm is fantastic! She's one of the nicest people and has the credentials to prove that she knows what she's doing (BA in fashion design from Purdue). Her rates are incredibly affordable. For me, taking my dress in, hemming and bustling is a grand total of $130.00
  • Options
    I paid about $120 for the work she did on my dress. She did my bustle, took it in at the seems and also had to move some pleats around as the top of my dress had fabric that folds over. She also  put in some herringbone on the sides. My dress did not need any hemming at all.

She also made my BM dresses and FG dress & Bolero Jacket and RB vest. They were amazing! My DD still plays with her dress all the time. I believe she charged $50 for the FG dress and $90 for the BM dresses (and both my girls are bigger so there was lots of fabric to use)

Here is a pic of the FG and RB.

KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Options
    anyone have sheryl kelm's contact info?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards