Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Scottish/Irish handfasting

Fi and i are from scottish and irish backgrounds and want to incorporate old traditions..I would really love to incorporate hand fasting which is the tying of the marriage hand through out the ceremony...does anyone know of an officiant that does this or at least knows how to do it???? Or can you point me in the right direction...

Re: Scottish/Irish handfasting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I'm usually posting on the TN now, but I saw this post and we did it during our ceremony.  Our officiant was Rev. Richele Eraso- www.revre.com. Let her know that Shawna & Dan say hello if you speak to her (Oct 08 bride).
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We considered including the handfasting in our ceremony. Our officiant was Rev. Alberta Eaton and I highly recommend her. She explained the handfasting to us and I know she has done it many times.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We also used Rev Alberta Eaton, and we did a hand fasting as part of our wedding ceremony.  I highly reccomend her!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We included a hand blessing.  The text of what we used is in my planning bio under ceremony.
    lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards