Maryland-Baltimore

Sheraton Hotel in Towson

I recently went to the hotel for a Home buying Seminar and loved the hotel. Has anyone been to any weddings there or gotten married there. Let me know what they liked or disliked. Thank you

Re: Sheraton Hotel in Towson

• ChristineD4ChristineD4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I have not been to a wedding there, but I did look at the Sheraton when I was hunting for our venue.  I was not impressed with the customer service.  I ended up booking at the Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn - they were so much more helpful with working with my budget.  The Sheraton is very nice, but I would recommend checking out the Hunt Valley Inn :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I've actually been to a wedding at each of those hotels.  From a guest standpoint, the staff and the food were fine, although from what I remember (it's been a few years), I think I liked the food at Hunt Valley Inn a little better. 

I did not use the restroom at HVI, but the one at the Sheraton was very clean.

For the ceremoney spaces, I remember HVI having a more cozy, warm feel.  At the Sheraton, the ceremoney was just in half of the ballroom (to be reception space).  At HVI, there was a seperate area, almost like a chapel, which was very nice.

One thing I didn't like (and I don't know if it was the Sheraton or the bride/groom's decision) is that when they served the cake, they just put them in the little pastry bags and set them on a coulpe tables for people to take.  I personally hate this.  The table on our side ran out of cake, and I can't stand eating it out of a bag.  I enjoy eating the cake, and if I have just been served a dinner, I would like that served as well.  The funnny thing is that dinner at HVI was buffet, but they served the cake at your seat.

So that probably doesn't help you with a decision much, but that's what I remember most from the 2 weddings.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_sheraton-hotel-towson?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:c70a609c-5540-48bd-95af-787204600519Post:b7bd1958-be7f-47e7-8db7-cd4d2313f617">Re: Sheraton Hotel in Towson</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I have not been to a wedding there, but I did look at the Sheraton when I was hunting for our venue.  I was not impressed with the customer service.  I ended up booking at the Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn - they were so much more helpful with working with my budget.  The Sheraton is very nice, but I would recommend checking out the Hunt Valley Inn :-)
    Posted by ChristineD4[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow this post could have been exactly me.</div><div>
    </div><div>We're getting married in Hawaii but we're having a reception back home 2 weeks after our wedding day (1 week after we get back from Hawaii) at the Hunt Valley Marriott. Natalie has been an absolute delight to work with, and the Garden room is a really lovely space. We only have 60 people and we fit really well into this cozy, comfy space. There's also a ballroom, but we aren't having a big group so it didn't make sense for us.</div><div>
    </div><div>No comments on food yet, since our tasting is in a month. But we also wanted to go with the Hunt Valley Marriott because we live less than 10 minutes away :)</div>
  • ChristineD4ChristineD4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are working with Natalie, too!  She has been so terrific.  I am so glad that she is going to be helping us plan everything.
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Having experience from the other side, HVI is great!  Ive been to several weddings there as a child, and they have all been beautiful.  My mom was the director of sales and catering there MANY years ago :-p  But I know how much they value customer service and let me tell you there is a serious amount of effort that goes into making the day special.  I would walk around the ballroom as a kid on eggshells cuz the guys didnt want me to mess with any of the place settings.  Though I did get to learn how to fold napkins like a pro!

But for this reason, I am opting for a rustic wedding, I have seen way too many weddings at the hotel that I needed a change of scenery.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    HVI is wonderful to work with.  My family has held functions there for the past 20 years (no weddings though).  I was just there 2 wknds ago and the hotel still looked very nice and renovated considering it'd been years since I last visited.
    We also went by the Sheraton in Towson the same day--very nice as well.  I don't know about service and I haven't been to a wedding there, but it was very pretty.  IMO, HVI is more cozy/family vibe and Sheraton is more "grande" hotel.  We're using the sheraton as the hotel for our wedding guests and likely HVI is where FI and I will stay after the reception.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I was the MOH @ a wedding @ Sheraton Towson- it was the best wedding ive ever been to!  The food and service were great.  all guests had a great time and they really catered to the bridal party during the cocktail hour. 
    One negative ws that there were some hidden costs according to the bride.  The reception was scheduled for 5 hours and the initial price quoted all 5 hrs with bar- at time of payment they tacked on on extra hour of bar stating they screwed up contract.  Also- they changed the chairs from a nuetral beige to gawdy green that clashed with the ballroom- bride was forced to rent chair covers bc of their change and sheraton didnt offer to offset the cost.Also know that HVM has multple events going on @ 1 time which can be awkward.  I liked that venue for my iwn wedding until i was there for an event and could hear the party going on next door.
    Hope some of this helps :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards