Maryland-Baltimore

Bridal Shop Question for Baltimore Area Brides

This post is a survey of Baltimore brides, I am definitely not trying to break any board rules but I am hoping that you ladies might be able to help me with a bit of research that I am doing. 

1. As a Baltimore area bride where would you most like to see a new bridal shop?
2. Would you come into the city to a neighborhood like Fells Point or Federal Hill to a bridal shop?
3. What would be your biggest deterent from coming into the city to shop for your dress?
4. Where did you buy your wedding gown?
5. What were the 2 best things about the shop where you bought your dress? 

Thank you so much in advance for your responses!

Re: Bridal Shop Question for Baltimore Area Brides

• 1) Couldn't tell you, but I guess I prefer in the White Marsh area
    2) No, unless it had a large variety and huge inventory
    3) Parking, I avoid the city as much as possible because I refuse to pay to park.
    4) David's bridal, but I did shop around in Columbia, Ellicott City, and Fallston.  Was going to check out Annapolis, Towson, and Betsy Robinson but ended up finding my dress.
    5) Could try on the dress in my size, and it was inexpensive but unique.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Are you thinking about opening a bridal store per chance?

1)  White Marsh or Towson area
    2)  Probably not, especially if there are nice bridal store closer
    3)  Parking, definitely
    4)  Amanda Ritchie in Fallston
    5)  Courteous staff and nice selection of dresses

• 1. As a Baltimore area bride where would you most like to see a new bridal shop? Nowhere. I didn't drive around looking for stores to shop in. Rather, I combed the web for recommendations.
    2. Would you come into the city to a neighborhood like Fells Point or Federal Hill to a bridal shop? No, I am not a fan of city traffic and Mr. LK prefers that I not go into the city alone. He worries about my safety.
    3. What would be your biggest deterent from coming into the city to shop for your dress? See above.
    4. Where did you buy your wedding gown? Curvaceous Couture in Columbia
    5. What were the 2 best things about the shop where you bought your dress? None of the dresses in the entire store were "too small" and the staff were so friendly and relaxed. It felt like I was playing dress-up with my best girls. As a "plus size" bride, I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to be able to try on every single dress and not be made to feel inferior because I was "too big" for something so pretty. The beautiful dress selection and the warm staff made me feel beautiful.
  • 1. As a Baltimore area bride where would you most like to see a new bridal shop?
    What about Mid-Town?  It isn't as trendy as some of the other parts of the city, but I think close proximity to UB, Penn Station and the Myerhoff may attract a certain amount of traffic.
    2. Would you come into the city to a neighborhood like Fells Point or Federal Hill to a bridal shop?
    Yes, I have no problem driving to the city to shop.

3. What would be your biggest deterent from coming into the city to shop for your dress?
    Parking, but if there is a garage nearby (within 2 - 3 blocks) it would not deter me.

4. Where did you buy your wedding gown?
    Gamberdella's in Towson.

5. What were the 2 best things about the shop where you bought your dress? 
    1. They carry a wide variety of designerws and price ranges, and didn't show me a single dress above by budget.  (I actually ended up buying a dress 2x my original budget, but that is because my sister made me try it on and I fell in love.)
    2. The staff were amazing!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. Catonsville area, currently have to travel to Towson, Annapolis, Columbia.
    2. No, I try to avoid the city at all costs
    3. Parking and traffic (these cause time constraints, esp if needing alterations, after work appointments, etc)
    4. Betsy Robinson
    5. My consultant picked up on my style right away and showed me nothing but dresses I loved!  They had a great selection of the designers I was looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards