Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Dress store recommendations??

I am getting married 10/3/10 and STILL don't have a dress!! I've been to the folowing stores:
Betsy Robinson in Pikesville
P Lawernece in Gaithersburg
Annapolis Formal
Mary's Bridal in Annapolis
Gamberdellas in Towson
BRidal Boutique in Columbia

I think that is everywhere... anyway, I have found ONE dress that I really like at Gamerdella's but I am not 100% on the top part, love the rest of it though. I am heading to Georgetown soon to check out dresses down there.

Can anyone else recommend anything?? I know I do not want strapless and 90% of the dresses are, I think that is why I am having such a hard time!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress store recommendations??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    check davids bridal and alfred angelo in Glen Burnie. they are on Ritchie Hwy. I got my dress today at Alfred. I would make an appointment and ask for Samantha to be your associate if you can. She is the one i worked with today and she was awesome! I will definitely be working with her again for anything else i need from there.
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Bridals by Elena in Severna Park - their customer service is fantastic.  I did not find the dress there (I purchased mine at Gamberdella's) but I was very satisfied with them.  My friend also purchased her dress from there (10 days before her wedding due to a disaster of a time with Columbia Bridal) and they were able to complete all of her alterations in time for her wedding.

If you are up for it, I do I do bridals also had a good selection  They have wedding dresses brides have sold back that are in great shape, last season's gowns, etc at discounted prices.  I also went there and had a good experience there but just didn't find "the dress."

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at Bridals by Elena and am also having my alterations done there.  The customer service is excellent and all of the staff makes me feel beautiful every time I've been in there (I had my 1st fitting last week).  I would definately go there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress at Bridals by Elena - they are a little pricey, but they have a great selection and customer service.  I also tried on dresses at Juliet's in the Parkville area, and they have a lot of dresses, just not any that I fell in love with.  I'd stay away from Elegent Touch in Bel Air because they take all the labels out of the dresses, so you don't know what you are trying on until after you buy it and can't price-shop.  

I didn't try on wedding gowns at Isabella Bridal on Belair Road, but that's where we ordered the BM dresses, and the staff was so wonderful that I'd recommend them also to see what they have as far as bridal gowns. Good luck!
  • Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Alfred Angelo last month and I was super happy with them.  I worked with Christa who was great.  Plus the dresses are relatively inexpensive.  Like everywhere else a lot of their inventory is strapless but a lot of the gowns have optional straps.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress about 2 months ago from Juliet Bridal on Satyr Hill Rd.  They were very nice and helpful, and worked within my budget.  They have a good selection of Pronovias, Anjoulique and Maggie Sottero. I ended up finding a sample dress that was the one.

Another one I'd reccommend is Amanda Ritchey Bridal in Bel Air. They were super nice and also had a great selection.
    Married Bio!

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." -John Lennon
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress, veils and shoes at Gamberdellas.  Have been so happy with their service. 

I also loved Amanda Ritchey Bridal in Bel Air.  It's on US Route 1, close to the intersection of MD Route 152 (which is an easy exit off I-95).  She definitely has a good selection of gowns that are NOT strapless and is so sweet.  One of my friends bought her gown there.  

My best friend looked @ Amanda Ritchey but ended up buying at Bridals by Elena in Severna Park which is also very nice... I went with her to try on dresses both places and Elena and her staff are wonderful!  She has a huge selection of dresses (which are a wide variety of styles... not all strapless) as well and will really work with you- she even has a line of dresses she designs herself and "custom makes" to your body, which is what my best friend ended up with. 

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    sac615sac615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Davids and found a dress I loved but was very disappointed with their service. I ended up going to Elegant Touch in Bel Air, its right by Harford Mall. I loved it there! It was so personal! I worked with Colleen, she was very helpful. I found THE DRESS there and it ended up being on clearance so I bought it then and they will hold it to me up til wedding day :)

good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Gamberdella's in Towson!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards