Maryland-Baltimore

Annapolis Marriott

I'm considering the Annapolis Marriott for my ceremony and reception.  I would love to hear about other brides experinces with this venue.  Thanks 

Re: Annapolis Marriott

• edited December 2011
    Just my opinion. I thought for the price there are better venues out there. Plus, I didn't like the idea of getting married at a bar I use to hang out at. I loved the inside of the ballroom. I thought it was very pretty and elegant. However, I was not a fan of the balcony where the reception is held. If you want to get married downtown Annapolis on the water, then I would definitely recommend it. I am a local so I may be a little bias when not appreciating as much as an outsider. Best of luck!!!
  • blinkybeerblinkybeer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the comments.  I grew up running around Annapolis too and I like the balcony's view of the Academy.

• edited December 2011
    Oh most definitely. Yea, I definitely think that is the best spot in downtown Annapolis for a wedding. Well really for anything. Hope it works out. Btw, I spoke with a wedding planner there and they were extremely nice and helpful. They provide a wedding planner if you get married there. 
  • edited December 2011
    That was one of the first venues we looked at in Annapolis and were really disappointed.  I didn't like the idea that we HAD to have our ceremony outside and I think the hotel, as a whole, was a little out dated.  Everything was very pretty, but it just needed to be updated a little bit.  The main deal breaker was the parking.  They have NONE.  Your guests are in charge of their own parking and walking to the hotel....no matter how far away.  I thought that was ridiculous - especially if you have older guests, if it's cold, rainy...etc. 

The woman that we met with was very nice, and the ballroom was beautiful, but there were details that we really didn't like.
  • blinkybeerblinkybeer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow...all good things to keep in mind!  I definitely agree that the hotel needs to be updated though. 

• lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey -- i never check this board, so i don't know if you're still interested. we looked here initially but they had NONE of our 6 possible dates available unless we wanted to get married in the morning.(ETA: this was when we contacted them 10 months before we wanted to get married) i think they book out very, very far in advance. just to keep in mind.
    Anniversary image<br
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards