Maryland-Baltimore

Bed & Breakfast Venues?

We're looking for a venue where we can:

* Have an outdoor ceremony
* Have an indoor reception
* Comfortably host 100-125 people
* Get a block of rooms for the wedding party

Would you share your ideas? We know about the Elkridge Furnace Inn, where his best friend was married, and I was thinking the Gramery Mansion in Baltimore (technically not a B&B, I guess), which is probably a little high for our budget ($20k). Are there others out there in the Baltimore/DC corridor? We'd even go down to Annapolis, but something tells me that would be even pricer. We basically need a B&B with event space. I don't mind bringing in a caterer--it doesn't have to all be done in house.

We're trying to plan this wedding in seven months--he's adamant about wanting to get married in April/May, so I could use all the help I can get!

Thanks!

Re: Bed & Breakfast Venues?

• Elkridge Furnace Inn isn't actually an inn. It's just part of the name because it was one at some point in it's history. That being said, I just got married there this weekend and everything was amazing.

I have heard good things about the Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  Kent Manor in Kent Island is really nice and its a B&B. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like, next April!?
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    April can be a little cold for planning an outdoor reception. Daytime highs are in the upper 50s to lower 60s, so you may want to re-think your plan or add a line item in your budget to rent outdoor heaters.

How big of a room block do you need? Does it have to be onsite, or are you willing to transport guests from the hotel to the event? Are you wedded to the mosre historic feel, or open to other vibes? And how far are you willing to travel from Baltimore?

I don't think they have an outdoor ceremony space, but if an indoor ceremony is okay, the Historic Inns of Annapolis would be a good place to check out.
  • If you are okay with going across the bridge, the Tidewater Inn in Easton has a nice outdoor courtyard for the ceremony and 2 very pretty ballrooms to choose from. There's also The River Plantation. You could take over the B&B for the wedding party accomodations, have a waterfront or golf course ceremony, and do the reception in the main manor house.

• Antrim 1844 is near taneytown. A really tiny town but the venue is super nice and offers houses for guests to stay in. I don't know how many rooms total they have but I have stayed overnight for a wedding in one of the houses and loved it!  worth a look.

Good Luck!!!
  • I have a huge credit for the Columbia Inn at Peralynna that I will sell to you at a 20% discount! It is a wonderful bed and breakfast that is a beautiful setting for a wedding, romantic weekend, get away weekend, etc. Go to www.peralynnainn.com. The credit does not expire, but I can't easily use it since I moved west. Please contact me for details!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards