Maryland-Baltimore

Rehearsal dinner ideas for Inner Harbor area?

Any recommendations for a rehearsal dinner within walking distance to the Intercontinental Hotel? Federal Hill, Inner Harbor, Little Italy are all good areas.  I'd like a local restaurant as opposed to the chains in the Inner Harbor, but any good/bad experience is welcome.  I'd prefer to have entrees priced from $15 - $30.  Probably will have about 20-25 people, so we should be able to either rent a room or be a larger restaurant.

Thanks so much!!

Re: Rehearsal dinner ideas for Inner Harbor area?

• edited December 2011
    We used J Paul's and everyone really enjoyed it - they had a separate room for us with a glass wall facing the harbor, and they let us bring our own cake for dessert. It is not a super fancy restaurant, but I think everyone appreciated that it was casual and the people there were exceedingly polite and accomodating.
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about the Rusty Scupper and I think they have a private room as well.  There are a tons of places in Little Italy, but I am not sure which ones do private parties-you might want to try calling around.  One of my favorite restaurants is off of Charles Street called the Brass Elephant-the food is amazing!  Also, one of my BMs did her rehearsal dinner at Charleston in Fells Point and it was pretty good also.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Rusty Scupper. I know they have a private room and the location is beautiful! Little Havanna is down on Key Highway; I've never been there except for brunch but it was really good and it's a big space.
    6.12.10 June 2010 Siggy Challenge: Fave E-pic imageMy Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Just a watch out - to my knowledge, the Brass Elephant is closed indefinitely.
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  Really?  I haven't been there in years but it was so good!    I was shocked when they closed the Bicycle too!
    imageAnniversary
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal dinner was at Chiapparelli's in Little Italy.  Casual and affordable but really good and very flexible!
  • edited December 2011
    Here are a few, off of the top of my head:

Amicci's in Little Italy
    James Joyce in Harbor East
    Sammy's in Mt Vernon
    McCormick and Schmick
    Rusty Scupper
    Capital Grille (although might be a little pricey)
  • edited December 2011
    Amicci's in Little Italy is AMAZING!  One of my best friends had her RD there 3 years ago, and that was the first time I'd been.  I think it's the hidden gem of Little Italy.  It's very affordable for group rates. 

Our RD is at Rusty Scupper, and we're so excited!  You have the entire upstairs to yourself, and it seats up to 60.  I am almost more excited about the RD than the wedding!  If you e-mail me, I can e-mail you the pricing list.  We're working with Alyssa to plan it (which really doesn't involve much).   munleymc at gmail dot com. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards