Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Alterations?

Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry to ask so many questions lately, but I was wondering where you all had your alterations done and what is truly reasonable? All I need to have done is a hem and a bustle. I know it will vary by how complicated things are and everything, but I'm not looking for a 17 point bustle or anything like that... Just looking for some guidance. Any thoughts? Thank you so much for your time :)

Re: Alterations?

• Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sheryl Kelm (kelmdesigner@comcast.net) and she was awesome. I paid under $200 for a seam adjustment, hem, french bustle, and small dress repair. And she is such a nice person!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Sheryl Kelm! She is the sweetest person ever!!! I still email her sometimes! She books up super quick but she is definitely reasonable. Not only did she do the alterations on my dress but she also made my bridesmaid dresses! If you want great work for an extremely great price you won't be sorry going with her!
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much LoveKiss and Tygress!

You ladies are fantastic. I will definitely give her a call/email. I really appreciate your information and the time you took to post. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem Colli. That is what we are all here for. If you need anything else just ask!!
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Options
    ivelindaivelinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure when your wedding is, but I tried contacting Sheryl Kelm for my May wedding and she told me she is booked until June.  She referred me to another seamstress, but I'm not sure about her because it looks like her reviews have gotten pretty bad since the beginning of this year.  Please let me know if you hear of any other suggestions because I'm looking too!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, I used Diana Adams in Glen Burnie, she was awesome and took in my gown 8 inches! I bought mine too big! Her website is http://www.MarylandSeamstress.com. Her prices are awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards