Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Just engaged!

Hello all!
I just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Amber, I just got engaged the day after Christmas at the Gaylord National. :) No date is set yet! I think we are planning on Oct, Nov, or Dec 2012 since we are trying to buy a house this year. So any input you guys have for venues would be much appreciated!!
Happy new year everyone!!!
~Amber

Re: Just engaged!

• Options
    diamonds4evadiamonds4eva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Congrats on ur engagement!! Where do u want to have ur wedding? And, whats ur price point?
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engag'ement, and happy planning.

Venues choices would depend on what your vision is: Formal or Casual, indoor or outdoor, high end or low budget.  You can have a formal indoor highend, or a casual indoor low budget.

Work with your FI on what you both want the wedding to reflect of yourself, decide on how many guests you'll want, and the budget, and from there, you can start looking at venues.

Good luck!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kaitlyn&henrykaitlyn&henry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations!! And good luck on the house :) youll have to think about the kind of feel you want for your wedding before looking at venues (or you can do what i did and figure it out as you go, but i already knew id have a max of 150 guests) Do you want it outside, a church/traditional wedding, something more intimate or grand scale?

Some places I looked and loved them all include:

The Vandiver Inn (Havre de grace)
    The Grammercy Mansion
    The Valley Country CLub mansion (this is my actual reception site!)
    The hunt Valley Golf club
    Bulle Rock Golf Club
    The Cloisters Castle 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! If you are still looking for a photographer take a look at Brodie Ledford Photography. They are amazing and affordable! They are able to work within your budget and will create a custom package for you. They are unique, fun, and creative!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards