Maryland-Baltimore

Trying to cut costs? help

Hey i'm looking at a venue in steveson md.Gramercy manstion..for  sept 2012.. does anyone know of a cheap flower place for decent bouquets and bout.. bakery for a smaller size cake for 70ppl, and caterer.. i know theres a list of caterers.. anyone know anything about any of these? I'm pretty sure I have to chose one for my venue.? I wanted a buffet dinner with like themed food.. lie mexican or italian etc...
Caterers:
www.absolutelyperfectcatering.com/" target="_blank">Absolutely Perfect Catering: 410-579-8777  www.bycarlton.com/catering.html" target="_blank">Catering by Carlton: 410-484-6110
www.celebrationskosher.com/" target="_blank">Celebrations Kosher Catering: 410-944-5750 www.charleslevinecaterers.com/" target="_blank">Charles Levine: 410-363-0900
www.chefsexpressions.com/" target="_blank">Chef's Expressions: 410-561-2433 www.classiccatering.com/" target="_blank">The Classic Catering People: 410-356-1666
Glorious Kosher Caterers: 410-363-0900 www.huntvalleycatering.com/" target="_blank">Hunt Valley Catering: 410-343-3553
www.innovativegourmet.com/" target="_blank">Innovative Gourmet: 410-363-1317 www.linwoods.com/" target="_blank">Linwoods: 410-581-4920
www.puttingontheritz.com/" target="_blank">Putting on the Ritz: 800-213-7427 www.saschas.com/" target="_blank">Sascha's: 410-539-6103
www.simplyelegantcatering.com/" target="_blank">Simply Elegant: 410-484-4554 www.zeffertandgold.com/" target="_blank">Zeffert & Gold: 410-944-4481

Re: Trying to cut costs? help

• edited December 2011
    I have some menus for these caterers since I am getting married at Gramercy. I would say I think Hunt Valley is the lower end of the prices. Before I picked Gramercy - I emailed the cateres to get quotes to make sure I knew I could afford the food. I would email them all and get a sample menu with price.

For baker - I am using mary Elliott - she does it from her home. My cake is about for 120 people, 4 teir, and I think $350.

I am using Flowers by Judy for flowers - but there are a few stay at home moms that do flowers as well and can work with any budget.
  • lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also using flowers by judy in ellicott city. got her name from a recc on this board and she has been awesome, i think we are getting a very reasonable price.
    ditto PPs advice about getting all the prices before going much further with caterers.
    Anniversary image<br
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Gramercy in October of 2012 and I am trying to pick a caterer right now. I am looking at Hunt Valley Catering and  Zeffert and Gold catering. I was very pleased with Zeffert and Gold when I spoke with them over the phone. I also work with a guy who got married at Gramercy and used Zeffert and Gold. He said the food and the service were both excellant. Im still figuring out who i will use, because I also want to keep my catering bill within  a budget.  
  • seralee5804seralee5804 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers by Dene'
    Flwrsbydene@aol.com
    facebook.com/flowersbydene

She is in Bel Air on a 40 acre farm and has great prices!

We are using her. And I have been to several weddings who used her.

Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • JessirockzJessirockz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys..i did get sample menus.. looking at hunting valley.. what choices did u guys pick? i'm thinking of the just beer and wine or possibly getting my own and choosing and then just getting the bartender and setup.. what r u guys doing for alcohol? and for flowers.. its flowers by judy? what is the price ranges just for bouquets? i like the one fav on my page i think its hydrangas and sweet peas? Looking to budget and not do center pieces.. depending.. my cousin does the cupcake cakes might so that to save also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards