Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Need Wedding Venue Stat!

Hi everyone, looking for a wedding venue in Maryland that can seat up to 125. My budget is 10,000 I would like that to be inclusive of taxes and fees. I'm a girl with a beer budget and champagne taste. The venues I have loved so far are the Gaylord at the National Harbor, Gramercy Mansion, Newton White Mansion, Chase Court. Unfortunetly all these venues are extremely expensive and this would change the option of open bar for me and my guest if I choose an expensive place. Need help fast! Was hoping to have a venue before I see my future mother in law in two weeks

Re: Need Wedding Venue Stat!

• Options
    jimanderinjimanderin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you dont mind doing a sunday/friday wedding. The Chesapeak Inn in Chesapeak City, MD is an awesome price-- We are getting married there now we have the saturday night reception but i think our per person is only 85 dollars.. total with taxes and stuff for 174 people is 15000ish...and they dont have a min person just a min price of 8000 for the friday or sunday option. Ask for eddie hes awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my wedding at chase court...are you aware that several of chase court's  approved caterers allow you to supply your own alcoholic bevs, water, & soda (whole bar)?  That's a huge amount of money saved right there...

If you are open to a weekday wedding, you should check out American Visionary Art Museum.  Here is a link to their rental rate: http://www.avam.org/stuff-everyone-asks/pdf/pricelist2010.pdf

The first option's monday - wednesdayrate  is awesome!  My friend and her FI took a tour last weekend and they are in love with the space.

By the way, is your FMIL giving you a hard time about your venue or wedding plans?  Is she paying?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh...check this out.  The 2nd floor (max cap 150) of the Eubie Blake Center rents for $250/hr!!!!  And it is in the heart of downtown on Howard St.

http://www.eubieblake.org/eubie%20blake%20center%20rentals.php

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Hotel Monaco downtown.  It's a brand new venue so the prices are SWEET right now.  Also check out the Museum of Industry.
  • Options
    JulieA99JulieA99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out 1840s Ballroom on Front St in Baltimore.
  • Options
    nnamdinannamdina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    allybear I love the hotel monaco, but after looking at the additional taxes it would fall out of my price range. Gorgeous venue for your wedding though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards