Maryland-Baltimore

Budget friendly venues?

Hi knotties,

I have a friend who is looking to get married in the Baltimore, PG county, Howard county, Montgomery county area.  She and her fiance are paying for the wedding themselves so they are on a pretty tight budget.

Does anyone have any suggestions about places they could have the ceremony and/or reception?  They are thinking about 200 people and inside since they're looking at November. 

Thanks for your help!

Re: Budget friendly venues?

• 4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Overhills Mansion near Catonsville seemed fairly reasonable - it had a large menu to pick from, lots of options, and the grounds were very nice.  It was our second choice, our first choice (Mansion at Valley Country Club) became available and we jumped on it.

VCC is also fairly reasonable IMHO but it's north of Baltimore so it may not work for your friends.

Overhills Mansion:  http://www.overhillsmansion.com/

VCC:  http://www.valleycountryclub.com/
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Other Barn in Columbia
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • jla07jla07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If budget is tight may need to consider cutting the GUEST list....to closest, dearest,etc family and friends...think about it even at a budget venue $50 per guest at  200 -$10,000 and that's no flowers, photgraphers, dress, etc  Cut to 100 guest , savings $5000.  When working on a tight budget I have found the guest list is the best way to cut corners, why pay $50 or greater per head to have a 3rd cousin I have not seen in the years or a causal friend that my FI has never met, can't be that good of a friend....
  • edited December 2011
    jla07 makes a fantastic point. 200 guests is a rather large event and it's a fact the more guests you have, the higher the grand total gets.

I'm with The Elkridge Furnace Inn and I would be happy to discuss different options with you. Most venues/caterers (and/or any other vendor) should be willing to be flexible with their pricing for a November function since it's basically the start of the 'off-season.'

Please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email and I will be happy to assist you any way I can - 410.379.9336 matthew@elkridgefurnaceinn.com.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards