Kentucky

Anyone else getting married this fall looking to share the expense of centerpieces?

I am looking to have tall cylinder vases as the centerpieces on my reception tables. In pricing these out I am finding it is quite costly.  Anyone else wanting something tall, clean lines? Maybe we could split the cost and then split the vases quantity at the end?

Re: Anyone else getting married this fall looking to share the expense of centerpieces?

• edited December 2011
    You can rent them from your florist.
  • kboyd2125kboyd2125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you in Louisville?  Flower Studio on Baxter Avenue will rent vases, votives/candles, and a bunch of other stuff.  We rented some stuff, and then had them do some of the arrangements.  I think we paid $4.95 to rent a tall trumpet vase, and then we got limes from Passiafiume's and filled them with limes, then water, then a floating candle.
  • edited December 2011
    you can also rent from most ANY florist. I am using Magnolia's (David-owner/florist). He is incredible with his work, reasonably priced & has lots of items you can rent. Votives, for example, are 50 cents each to rent. Better than messing with buying the items and then spliting or having to sell afterwards. If you are adament on buying them, then I would use the 40% off coupons at Michael's and get them with those to make cheaper....then sell afterwards on craigslist.com or divide amongst the family.
  • melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL used to own her own Florist business, so she is doing our flowers.  I felt like I could get more back selling them, where as renting them seemed like throwing $$ away.  I found what I wanted at Hobby Lobby and all their glass was half off.  Now, I know that was last week, but they are bound to have that sale again soon. I got 4X4 square, 8" tall vases for $5 each, and I need 16... that's $80.  I'd be happy if I sold them for $40, which would only be $2.50 to someone else!
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    save-on-crafts.com......will be your best friend!  Check there.  I ordered my square vases from hobby lobby first and through no fault of their own, they couldn't get them in.  Someone else one here suggested the site and poof, I got all 20 vases I needed for $5 each and that included the shipping.  I've very happy and have ordered several other items from them as well...also a great place to get ideas.  Good Luck.
  • melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have ordered from save-on-crafts as well, and the prices are great.  Returning is a nightmare though....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards