Kentucky
Options

Lovers Leap Winery and other similar venues

I'm looking at doing a winery wedding and am trying to learn what experiences other brides have had at Lovers Leap, River Bend, Equus Run, Talon and other wineries in the Louisville, Lexington, Franfort area. I really like some of them based off pictures online but am not sure of the quality of service or the price. I plan on doing some visits with FI but would like to know where to concentrate our efforts. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Lovers Leap Winery and other similar venues

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Equus Run, and I wanted to have our wedding there.  They won't do any weddings in 2010, except for possibly some mid-week days.  We have mostly OOT guests, and I needed a weekend.  We went to Talon, which is a very nice facility.  However, they are ridiculously expensive (it was going to run us just under $4k just for the facility), and my FMIL would have been carsick from the drive out there.  We ended up at Canewood/Wilshire's in Georgetown.  It's beautiful, affordable, and convenient.  I wasn't willing to go any farther away, to get to one of the other wineries.  If you are, some of them might be excellent choices.  Also, you might consider the distilleries.  A lot of them are very popular & get good reviews on here.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    PoppPopp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a bride on here who had her wedding at Acres of Land in Richmond which was beautiful! I think something burned down, though...There is also Jean Farris if you're having a smaller wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked initially at Talon and Jean Farris. Jean Farris was our ideal place, but it was a little small for us (i think they max somewhere around 100 to 150, maybe even 200 but we had 250-300).  They can work with you for a menu that hopefully can be within your budget. I don't remember a rental fee there, so that helps since their food is a little pricey.  Talon was amazing, but they didn't seem to have their stuff together when i went.  One day it was 2400, the next it was 4800 (literally).  One day we were allowed to bring liquor in--just had to use their wine.  Next day no outside liquor and could only use their wine and beer through them.  Then we had to have our ceremony there as well (or at least pay for that).  Final straw was they came to us and said that the neighbors had been calling the cops to complain about noise after 11 so our reception would need to be finished by 11. Cops coming to bust up my wedding wasn't what i had in mind for my big day, so I looked elsewhere (my hometown of louisville).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Castle Hill Winery and Wildside Wineries are both located in Versailles. There is also Chrisman Mill Vineyards in Nicholasville. I've heard really good things about Castle Hill Winery from several brides and their families that have hosted weddings there. It's named for it's view of the Castle off of Versailles Road in Woodford County. Chrisman Mill has exceptional tasting wine and their facility is really nice. I don't know anyone that has had a wedding there but I know they also offer catering, flowers and cakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards