Kentucky
Options

Louisville or Bardstown reception venues

One of my husband's groomsmen just got engaged, and he and his fiance are getting married in May.  He lives in Bardstown, she lives in Louisville.  They're looking for recommendations for reception venues that won't break the bank.  Any suggestions or experiences you'd like to share?

Re: Louisville or Bardstown reception venues

• Options
    PoppPopp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Old Kentucky Home!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the size of the guestlist.I've been to a lovely reception at MOKH..the rotunda and ballroom/courtyard are fantastic.My reception was at the Chapeze House and although stately, it's really better for smaller guest lists (like under 75).There is also Kreso's but IMO ,the food is terrible and they slap you with some ridiculous fees.Some of the distilleries also rent out their spaces, so Heaven Hill's Bourbon Heritage Center and Maker's are also options.Good luck!
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Paraquet Springs Conference Center in Shepherdsville isn't bad.  It's a pretty blank slate inside, very neutral -- you could do most anything you wanted with it.  I'm not sure of cost, but I know a volleyball team that had their banquet there, so it can't be too absurd.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Old Medical School Building in Louisville. We're paying $700 for 8 hours on a Sunday (Saturday rates are a little higher), and we can bring in our own caterers, including family. It holds 200 people and is beautiful. http://www.louisvillerentalfacility.org/
  • Options
    mparker03mparker03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Old Kentucky Home it's where I am getting married:)  But it is a little expensive.  There is the boy scout camp Camp Crooked Creek it's beautiful and only $500, and only 15min outside of Bardstown and like 30 from Louisville.  I was going to use it but you can't have alcohol there. (my fiance and his family is Catholic so that didn't work lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards