Kentucky

The Castle?

Not the pawn shop.  The actual castle between Lexington & Versailles.  Anybody ever been there?  I didn't realize it had opened as an inn/venue until tonight.  Has it been advertised?[url]http://www.thecastlepost.com/[/url]
DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
Mom to J: 2011
Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485

Re: The Castle?

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Louisville and it hasn't been advertised here but goodness, the rent the place for the day and have 15 private guest rooms is $25,000!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I know it's rediculous.  That said, if that's your budget for a venue, it's gorgeous - at least from the pictures.  I used to live in Lexington, and I remember when it was literally in flames one night.  I hadn't really heard much about it since then, so I was a smidge suprised when I stumbled across the website last night.  The suites in the turrets are $1250/night.  That's more than twice my dress.  I don't think I'll be changing venues. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    That place just SCREAMS beebee to me.  And the price?  Well..that's clearly out the range of MOST people. When I was in Ireland a few years ago we passed by a castle similar to the construction..my guide told me it was built by an American who always dreamed of owning a castle in Ireland, but sadly no one would part with their stone walls.So he built a castle himself...and the locals called it Leggo Land.*guffaw*
  • edited December 2011
    Silly Question......What is beebee? If it were anywhere near being close to my budget I would at least look into it. I remember going to see it from the road when I was little and thinking it was the coolest thing.  Other than that, its not that exciting and way to expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm...how do I sum up a beebee....Basically a beebee is a shallow, self-centered bride with a propensity for spending loads of cash she didn't earn, bark outrageous demands to those in her presence and one with little to no diplomacy or self-reliance. In other words, a beebee is a moron with a veil.
  • edited December 2011
    lol. Ok I guess I have a new goal.... Note to self:  don't be a moron with a veil. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Don't worry...we won't let you become a beebee! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I appreciate it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I grew up right down the road from The Castle in Versailles. It's a joke!! Sorry to offend anyone but it is. I've seen accidents, car wrecks and even people killed tryign to take a picture of the thing. The owner put a bunch of money into it and then it burnt down (police say it was arson) and he got a bunch of insurance money from it. Funny thing is this has happened to atleast 5 of his other buildings that he's bought and renovated. You'd also think that as a castle it would atleast have some decorations to fit that style but it is ultra modern on the inside. Also, way over priced for what it is. $25,000 to have your reception there and that doesn't include catering, alcohol, etc. That is JUST for the location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards