Kentucky
Options

Vendor Reviews!!

Venue:   Highbridge Park A+ (highbridge)
    The required a $100 deposit that we got back and a $75 rental fee.  The pavilion was beautiful and worked perfectly for our reception while we had the ceremony in a alcove in the trees. With all the trouble we had from our previous venue, the park was a dream come true and was even more beautiful too!

Caterer:  Gourmet Goodies A+ (nicholasville)
     We spent less than $2000 for dinner and apps for 85 people.  The food was really really good.  All of the Bourbon Glazed chicken was eaten by the end of dinner as well as their awesome yeast rolls. We also asked to keep our leftovers so we got the rest of everything else.  Thelma also fixed two boxes for the photographers as well as a box for my husband and I (it included the apps we missed out on because of photos).  I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Cupcakes:  BabyCakes  A++   (lexington)
    These ladies were amazing to work with! They were relaxed and easy to work with, as well as being open to my ideas.  They are my favorite cake/cupcake place ever. They have so many different flavors.  We had 9 regular flavors 2 sugar free and 3 cocktail.  They were great. We got a lot of compliments on them. They brought everything in and set it up for us and the presentation was beautiful.  They also offer a discount for weddings.

Photographer: Bill Caine  A (Lexington)
    I don't have my photos back yet, so I can't comment on them yet, but our engagement photos from him were nice, and that is why he is just getting an A. He and his assistant were great on the day of the wedding.  They were punctual and calm and ready to do whatever we wanted for the photos.  I really Appreciate that they were so patient when our timing got off track. His assistant was very helpful. She worked around everything that was going on in the morning then during the photos she helped to position my dress and keep the baby crickets off of it. They worked well with both my 2 year old flower girl as well as my dog and all the rest of my family.  He showed me a few photos the bad of and they looked good, including the one he caught of my friend tripping on my dress during a swing dance.  I'm excited to get them back.

Dress: Bridal and Formal  A (Cincinnati)

They were good to work with. My dress was beautiful and came in on schedule.  As a Plus sized bride I was happy to find a place with such a wide variety of dresses that I could actually try on. The pricing was reasonable, and the staff was helpful.

Tux: Geno's Formal Affair B (Lexington)

They are the only place that had the suit we wanted for my husband. They were nice for us to work with and allowed us to come in a few different times for him to try on and mix and match his accessories.  My only complaint is that we had a groomsman from across the country call to reserve a black jacket, and they told him that "all of the other guys" were getting black and white shoes so they had him reserve some too.  My husband was the only on renting anything (white jacket and black and white shoes) and the groomsmen were bringing their own solid black suits, but that groomsman ended up reserving the same jacket and shoes as hubby. We had trouble getting ahold of them to fix the issue because of the times they close, but everything was worked out and there were no other issues.

That is all of the vendors I have. The wedding was wonderful and everything turned out great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for share the information, i will call babycakes ;)
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    kellyharoldkellyharold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you tell me a little more about having the reception at High Bridge Park? How did you handle food and alcohol? Was there a kitchen for the caterers? How many people could it hold? Sorry for all the questions, there's not much info on their website! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards