Kentucky

photographer dilemma

Hi Ladies, I need you help.  Has anyone heard anything about Robert Burge photography?  I have already booked my photographer, but I won a wedding package that includes $1000.00 off of a photography package from Robert Burge.  Now I'm not sure if I should cancel my photographer and go with this one… 

Re: photographer dilemma

• RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Well, that depends on who the photographer is that you won the wedding package with--who was that so we can compare?  And is that $1,000 OFF of the cost of the new photograper or is that the complete package?

Robert Burge does great work, so if we have the other name of the photographer who gave you the prize, it would be good to compare.
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_photographer-delima?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:20162868-5f7c-4df1-963e-39c2bf7ec457Post:0cf2290a-d432-4590-b257-6036bb82523b">Re: photographer dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, that depends on who the photographer is that you won the wedding package with--who was that so we can compare?  And is that $1,000 OFF of the cost of the new photograper or is that the complete package? Robert Burge does great work, so if we have the other name of the photographer who gave you the prize, it would be good to compare.
    Posted by RosemaryCB[/QUOTE]

I believe she said Robert is the package she won.  I would research the new photog, and then if you don't lose any money on the switch, and you like Roberts work and the final price for everything you want, go for it.
  • RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OH--sorry!  I read that initial post wrong (it was before coffee-time).  Thanks, Tigger!

Who was the one BEFORE you won from Robert?  I know Robert personally and he is a great photographer and person.

So, who are you already booked with?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree, we would need to know who you are currently booked with, in order to compare apples to apples. I think Robert Burge is an amazing photographer - but if you are booked with say..... *cough* someone of a different style and calibre *cough*....we would need to be able to be honest with you in who's work is better.

But wait.........*scratches head* Weren't you the one who was saying they wanted to book Photography by Sara, but someone else booked her before you or something like that??? Just to point something out.....the good photographers get booked fast! So, if you are going to go with Robert, then you better jump on it! Have you checked to see if he is open on your date? How does this 'prize' work?

Disclaimer: I would not advise you to go and break a contract with a vendor, unless the circumstances were utterly too good to pass up. I would also advise that if you decide to break the contract with the other photographer, that you not even THINK about asking for your deposit back. And make darn sure you read your contract carefully before you make any moves.
  • tarabear888tarabear888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The original photographer is David Lee Hartlage…I really like him, but I just think Robert Burge is a little bit better.  His prices were a little out of my budget before, but since I will be getting $1000 off, I can definitely afford him now!  He will also be cheaper than the photographer I have booked now, so I would be saving about $700 by switching. Robert Burge is open on my date because all the vendors that were part of the package left that date open for the winner.  And yes, I did originally want to book Sara.  I looked over the contract and if I break it, I can get my deposit back IF he books my date, but if not…I will be losing my $500 deposit.  I really do feel terrible breaking the contract, so I'm just not sure...
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talk to your existing photographer.  Let him know what you won, and see if he'd be willing to match it to keep your business.  Be honest with him - you love his work, you'd feel bad switching, but it would save you $700. 

Question - if you don't get the deposit back, do you really still save $700?  Or just $200?  Are the packages equal? 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly Tara.....I think David is the better choice. Only by a slight margin, but his work is wicked awesome and he does some funky stuff with lighting now-a-days.
    But again.....tread slowly and think it through.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards