Kentucky

Venues

I live in Versailles, so Im looking for something around that area. Preferably outdoors. I actually already have a place reserved.. Im just having second thoughts about it because of the price and I still have plenty of time to back out of it and get the deposit back. Our budget is really tight, so Im looking for something under $500 that could possibly do the ceremony and reception. Any ideas??

Re: Venues

• Cardome Center in Georgetown, they have outdoor and indoor locations for rent.
    I believe there are a couple wineries in your area but I didn't find pricing online Castle Hill, Equus Run, Lovers Leap (Lawrenceburg)... You could also check out Midway College, I believe they do event rentals.
    Also, I have seen a very beautiful outdoor wedding at Waveland Park in Lexington.

HTH!!
  • Have you thought of using Buffalo Trace distillery?  They have a lodge with two floors that they rent out for events.  I'm not for sure, but I think even the most expensive rental is about $800. And you can use your own catering, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just checked Equus Run last week and their cheapest venue was running about 1200$ and although a really cool setting, ( with catering and wine costs it bumped it up to around $3000!!!) we had to look further...  We did find the University Club of Kentucky over off of Leestown that can accommodate 50-60 people inside and have an outside area to use. they do require that you use their catering and liquor but are pretty reasonable on pricing the contact Don Wilshire is unbelievably nice. Its a semi-private club so the grounds are beautiful to. If you are looking for a place closer to Versailles, check out Wildside Winery off of 33# they seem pretty reasonable too. We are saying out I Do's at The Storybook Inn but they cant accomodate a large reception unless you rent the whole Inn for the wknd and thats a little pricey. Good luck!!! 

Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_venues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:26f8591d-c064-47a6-96e4-9293d361ad55Post:7f3801f0-fb32-4acf-8c9d-1cd39a6789a4">Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in Versailles, so Im looking for something around that area. Preferably outdoors. I actually already have a place reserved.. Im just having second thoughts about it because of the price and I still have plenty of time to back out of it and get the deposit back. Our budget is really tight, so Im looking for something under $500 that could possibly do the ceremony and reception. Any ideas??
    Posted by KellyN10[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards