Ohio-Columbus
Options

Any other June 9, 2012 Brides here?

I am just curious who my competition is... haha j/k.  I am wondering how far behind I am on picking a venue.  And wondering if any venues have already been booked for our date.
Anniversary

Re: Any other June 9, 2012 Brides here?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also try asking this and chatting with other brides on the June 2012 board. It is an international board, but that way you can see how far along other brides are that are getting married in the same month.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would like to be, but i'm not engaged yet. we'll probably be fall 2012.
    i don't think you're behind on booking at all. for the best pick of venues, i suggest starting now and booking by may. once you get to 12 months out things start booking very fast (i know from helping other friends and from reading the cbus board).
    good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This time last year, I wasn't even engaged. We are getting married July 9, 2011. We got engaged in March, I wasn't really allowed to start planning until August because I was studying for the bar over the summer.

Anyways, I think you could definitely start looking at venues, but you are not behind at all!!! Some venues don't allow you to book until a year out, but you can still go for tours and stuff. I'd say venue is the first big thing, then you can start worrying about other stuff.

Take a look at a wedding to-do list (like the one on The Knot or in Brides Magazine) to see approximately when you should be doing certain things. That being said, if you want to book someone that is super desired, like Anita Kline (the cake lady), you may need to do that before the to-do list suggests it. FYI: Anita books up about a year in advance.  But, you can come on here, and most of us will at least be able to tell you when we booked certain things and how it went, as far as availability and such.

Congrats and happy planning!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a June 15th, 2012 bride!  I would defintely start looking at venues now.  We booked our venue about 3 weeks ago and a bride was coming in the next day ready to book for our date... and its a FRIDAY!   I was shocked, I thought we would have no competition this far in advance for a Friday, but if we had been one day later we would have lost our date.  We're getting married at the Darby House if that helps.  We also looked at Franklin Park, which was booked due to confrences and festivals two of the weekends we would have considered.   We checked out Smith Bros too, both the Loft and Venue.  My date was available but I think he said 3 of the 4 Saturdays were already gone.  I think it definitely depends on where you're wanting to look, but if there is a place you REALLY want (we really wanted Darby House) I'd start looking now.

Hope that helps!! Have fun looking!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S. Unless there is some reason why you are picking June 9, I'd be open about the date, and just give a time frame (i.e. summer, only June, etc).   We picked our venue, then the date (we knew which dates were available prior to picking the venue).
  • Options
    BAYB153BAYB153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a June 9, 2012 bride! I am SUPER ahead with booking because I will be out of town for clinicals from June through December of this year, prime-time for booking season! I am getting married at First Congregational Church and our reception is at The Blackwell. I would start looking at venues within the next month or two, just because June is such a popular month!
  • Options
    Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I was afraid we were missing out on some of venues esp. because there aren't many nice, but low budget options.   I wasn't going to pick a date until we had a venue booked, then we decided we both liked that date (kind of arbitrarily)  I guess we could still be flexible.  I'll just have to see once we start checking availability at the venues.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I want to get married June 30 or July 7, 2012 but we're not enaged yet and I'm starting to worry too!  We've talked about our wedding though, and have decided we need to have a venue that allows BYOB.  I have a few places I really like, but I',m afraid they'll be booked by the time we start looking :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards