Kentucky
Options

Catering on a budget in Lexington

Can anyone give me any ideas for reasonably priced catering in Lexington? Our entire wedding budget has been reduced to around $7,000 and we want to pay less than $15/person on food.

We have considered using local restaurants, has anyone had any experience? We are not super picky about the food, we both are very laid back. We have thought about using two different restaurants with a different theme- i.e. italian (FI is Italian) and mexican. But these are just some ideas.

Our other idea was to try Sams Clubs for "heavy" finger foods, but I do not want any of my family to get stuck with serving or setting up.

Re: Catering on a budget in Lexington

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into using BBQ places (Sonny's, Billy's, and a couple others) most of their prices were outstanding compared to catering companies.  I would look into some restaurants, if that is the direction you want.  One of my BM had heavy finger foods (mini sandwiches, shrimp, fruits, and veggies) no one served it, but they did have the venue staff make sure to replenish items.  Set up wasn't that bad with the items she had.
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto BBQ places. Also check out taverns that might cater. I'm using a tavern in Evansville, IN that we can get a good buffet for < $10/person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! Birdie- is your wedding in KY? I am not familiar with any taverns around KY that cater.
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope it's actually in Indiana. :(
  • Options
    knisaa2knisaa2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like Italian food, Bella Notte in Lexington does some pretty good catering.
    "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul" - Judy Garland Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using gourmet goodies in Nicholasville. I think we are going to be paying right around 15 per person.  It includes 2 entrees 2 sides rolls, salad and dressing, and water, tea, and lemonade.  You could also look into some smaller family restaurants. I also know chipotle, fazolis, bob evans and some other chain restaurants do catering.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know that jalapenos restaurant, offers catering, i dont know about pricing .
    they are on new circle road, in front of taco bell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfalfas down town...I would not recommend Thompson's catering from Winchester...they will cook what they want not what you request and they will charge you things that are not on your original quote.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brittaaaronbrittaaaron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    has anyone been to a wedding at Kentucky Horse Park... planning an outdoor wedding and reception there... they have reasonable catering prices and have been helpful.... trying to keep costs down.
    Need to find a band, photographer, cake, and maybe a tent... any thoughts

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards